Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
travelup.com
Etrip$802
Official Site
Traveluro
3,923 results
All reviews konea tower duke's restaurant aina market bosch appliances full kitchen through vrbo every other day ocean view washer and dryer quiet pool grocery store times market high end appliances underground parking pools and hot tubs bedroom condo huge lanai
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 August 2022

Enjoyed our 2BR ocean view. The lobby and valet/bell staff were fine but not overly friendly or welcoming especially upon our arrival. The condo was clean and functional with a nice kitchen and large balcony. I was expecting a more direct view of the ocean, but it was a little obstructed. The beach is rocky, though hard to tell from the shore. We ended up walking down the boardwalk for a bit and found a better, sandy beach for the rest of the week. Duke's is good but impossible to get a reso or a seat at the bar. Ordering take out to the room via QR code was easy, but pricey. The lobby coffee shop is great and had an excellent cold brew I had daily. The resort itself was crowded and full of kids (as expected), but not rowdy. I understand staffing shortages but would have liked housekeeping at least every other day if nothing more than to vacuum sand off the floors. But they were attentive whenever we asked for more towels or anything else. Overall a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2022
1  Thank T D
Reviewed 8 August 2022 via mobile

Honua Kia had very spacious and luxurious efficiency rooms for my family of five. This was our first on Maui, and the resort and it's staff did not disappoint. From our kind checkin coseirge to bellhops we're terrific. The only con I saw was the parking garage does fill up, but they had plenty of overflow parking ( lot on side of the entrance). The grounds were excellent landscaped, the pool and hot tubs were clean, and just steps from beach, and a beautiful sunset. Great place to renew vows or wed. Tiki torches at night shed a great ambiance. The suites were the cleanest and the layout was grand. We had 2 bathrooms and 3 rooms to sleep if count comfortable pullout sofa bed. It is convenient to all sites in Maui, since I felt the Island was not that huge to travel. I would not hesitate to stay in this slice of heaven on earth again. And I am a very tough customer. Thanks. And Enjoy, mahalo Honua Kai, We miss you.!

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Steelcity52
Reviewed 7 August 2022

We've stayed at the Honua Kai multiple times, and have never been disappointed. The grounds are lovely, the suites are spacious and very well appointed, and the resort has all the amenities of nearby hotels, with much nicer rooms. Duke's restaurant is on the property, which is convenient, the spa is lovely and the staff is friendly and accommodating. The only issue is parking, which is definitely a problem since they built the villas where the parking lot used to be. Garage parking fills up very early, which leaves only street parking, which can be difficult to find if you get back from dinner after 8:00 pm. The resort is located at the north end of Kaanapali Beach, so a walk to Whaler's Village is definitely a hike, but there is a shuttle which runs regularly.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are a must. Two bedroom suites are the best deal for the price, and sleep 6.
Date of stay: February 2022
1  Thank 512stewartg
Reviewed 5 August 2022 via mobile

Facilities vary by unit but generally very crowded. No parking spots available twice so we needed to valet park. No shuttle to Whaler’s Village or Lahaina. Beautiful spot but I prefer to stay at the Westin where the service levels are higher.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank sharie141
Reviewed 4 August 2022 via mobile

To preface this review, I’m currently an 18 year old going into college, so I may not seem to be the most qualified to write a review for a hotel of this caliber, especially considering my parents paid for the stay, although I will lend my insight regardless. To start off, the property itself is beautiful and there is nothing particularly wrong with the physical hotel, just some issues with the way it’s managed. The room was listed as having a partial ocean view - the room ended up being on the ground floor and the only way to see any of the ocean from the room was if you were Shaq height. When my parents contacted management, they were somewhat accommodating and ended up crediting us a small amount. Additionally, the ocean wasn’t visible from the lanai, although being able to walk out directly from the room to the pool area was a nice perk of being on the ground floor. The room was generally clean, although showing signs of wear. Nothing wrong with the room, management just shouldn’t falsely list it as a partial ocean view.

The amenities themselves were excellent, although, following theme, the drawbacks come with management. The pools and hot tubs were overrun with children. Being 18 myself, I’m not deep into adulthood, but me and my younger brother nonetheless were a little annoyed at times. The hot tubs were basically kiddie pools. They did in fact enforce the quiet sanctity of the one “quiet pool” which was a refreshing escape from the herds of unsupervised children; it just would’ve been nice to have a quiet hot tub as well. I do recognize that the hot tubs are supposed to be ‘for quiet enjoyment’ according to the signs after 6pm, but they should really have something all day.

The fitness center was fully stocked, and never too crowded, which was nice considering I’m a teenage guy who enjoys working out more than he should, but again, it fell short in terms of management and towels and water cups were frequently depleted and at times the fitness center could use some cleaning. I get that everyone’s a little short-staffed right now so that’s really no big deal though.

The parking situation is occasionally annoying. Good luck trying to find a spot in the garage after 9pm. Turns out, management admits there isn’t enough spots in the garage, something they should really notify you about upon check in.

Overall, do you get what you pay for? Eh, I don’t really know, I’m just happy my parents took me to Hawaii. But all things considered, for the price, it seems the general reaction from my family is that the hotel deserves 3 stars. Maybe 3.5 but dumb tripadvisor doesn’t let me do that.

You’re welcome for the most useful review you’ll read

Date of stay: July 2022