28 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$809
Priceline$850
CheapTickets$809
5,172 results
All reviews the cliff black rock whalers village our honeymoon ocean front resort fee kaanapali beach breakfast buffet stayed in building an upgrade sea turtles public beach two double beds hula grill an ocean view room per day other resorts
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2021

The hotel is situated on one of the top Maui beaches . Great location if not perfect. It is an older hotel but they kept it very well. This hotel offers all of the conveniences, amenities and fun activities you came to Maui for. When you stay at this hotel, you DO NOT have to drive all over Maui for the best beaches and activities you came to Maui for. There are other fancier Marriott properties in Wailea (we were there to look..), but the Sheraton Maui offers much more than a fancier (and newer) resort/location. If you want FUN, stay at Sheraton Maui.

I was also VERY impressed with their service during my stay. When we needed a few things in our room they sent their staff immediately. We called the front desk and via Bonvoy chat, then hotel staff showed up at our door within minutes of the requests. Overall I think Sheraton Maui offers the best location, amenities/activities, value, and service in Hawaii. I highly recommend the hotel and would definitely stay here when I’m in Maui again.

Last (great) advice, DON’T rent a convertible when you are in Maui. I saw people in convertible rental cars just being miserable under the HOT sun while stuck in traffic. I have never seen any locals driving convertible vehicles.

Room tip: If you want the full ocean view from your room, you may need to choose Ocean FRONT rooms.
1  Thank JoeA-Austin
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2021

Aloha JoeA-Austin,

Mahalo for sharing your thoughtful feedback with other travelers. We agree, our convenient location is perfect for exploring all that Maui has to offer! We are delighted that our associates could enhance your stay with us and that you enjoyed so many of the fun activities during your stay. Mahalo for choosing Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 November 2021

Nice hotel with a great location. I've stayed here before and will most likely stay here again. I did have a few concerns after my recent visit. Keep in mind when booking that oceanfront means back behind the pool, cabanas and very large lawn area so you're not super close to the ocean. I've stayed in an ocean view room before so I'm not sure the price of oceanfront was worth it. The grounds could use some sprucing up (plants outside of lanai's are dead) and the Casabella's could use replacing. Our first one had a broken lounge chair and several had broken straps to adjust the shade (you had to tie and untie each time to adjust the shade). I mentioned this at check out but certainly wasn't offered a refund. When picking up your towels at the pool they'd hand you a wristband, however, in 4 days we didn't see anyone checking for wristbands. Over the weekend we saw a few groups of teenagers come from the beach and jump in the pool for a swim (some fully clothed) and nobody checked for their wristbands. I understand businesses are short-staffed so didn't say anything. The WiFi was pretty slow. That being said, you just can't get a better location on Kaanapali Beach.

Reviewed 19 November 2021

We stayed here as a family with a little one. After reading some reviews, we were a little concerned but I can provide some genuine insight for people considering staying here.
Pros:
Black rock snorkeling right at the hotel - amazing. We swam with a turtle!
Rooms are large
Pool has something for everyone including a shallow pool for the little ones
Grounds are beautiful
Beautiful view of the ocean if you get an ocean view room
Plenty of spot to lounge and relax in the evenings - including some fire bowls
Drinks from the bars were yummy, but definitely pricey
Location is great. 45 mins from the airport. 10 mins from Lahaina and seconds from whalers village.
Cons :
Cockroaches. I feel this needs to be addressed. We did NOT find any in the room. We did find some little ant like bugs only around food. Make sure you seal all your snacks. We spotted cockroaches on our balcony and at some restaurants but only at night.
Food at the hotel was a bit limited in options especially if you have little ones
Most things around the hotel are pricey, but everything in Maui is.

We initially had a ground floor room (we booked an ocean view and there definitely is no ocean view from the ground floor), we mentioned it to the front desk and they moved us as soon as they could. We found the room on the main floor dingy and in need of many minor repairs but our second room was beautiful.

Don’t hesitate to stay here. The grounds are beautiful, staff are friendly and accommodating, and you will have a wonderful stay. Get an ocean view room!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2021

Perfect place for a honeymoon. Amazing beachfront and Pool area if you like a poolside experience with a nice umbrella you can rent it ahead of time under the website. Food is average, in my opinion. There are more options around the area for top-rated restaurants within walking distance. just be sure to book a reservation ahead of time before traveling to Maui some restaurants are fully booked but still accept walk-in.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank ZeeHershey
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2021

Aloha ZeeHershey,

Mahalo for being our guest and celebrating your honeymoon with us! It is always exciting to know that you had a great stay and that you enjoyed the beachfront property as well as our poolside experiences. We appreciate you sharing with other travelers. We are delighted we could be a part of such a special time and it was a pleasure to have you here. We hope to see you again on future trips to Maui.

Reviewed 20 October 2021

We got here and checked in easily. We paid for an ocean front room, which was actually more of an ocean view room, may not be a big deal for some, but when you pay these prices you’re hoping for better. The rooms are fine, nothing good or bad about them.

I ate at a restaurant on the property and ended up with food poisoning (this was near the tail end of our trip, making the last 2 days miserable). We were heading to dinner at Lahaina Grill (offsite) and we were super excited to be able to snag a reservation there…..however I wasn’t feeling well on our way to dinner, once seated I was still a little nauseated but manageable. Once my food arrived I got very sick and we had to leave immediately (didn’t eat anything at Lahaina grill, only sipped clear soda). Rushed back to the hotel which ended with me spending my night in the bathroom dealing with the food poisoning symptoms (side note trash cans don’t have liners which from an environmental standpoint great, from a food poisoning standpoint awful).

The resort fee is a joke, they note what the fee is for (i.e. you get a lei upon arrival, you don’t). Parking is your standard parking fees. The staff are generally sweet, keep to themselves, and leave you to your day. The views are very pretty, but not worth the hefty price tag that comes along with a subpar resort.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 986aliag
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2021

Aloha 986aliag,

We are committed to providing our guests with a fulfilling stay; therefore, we appreciate you bringing these concerns to our attention and we take comments like yours seriously. As your review is anonymous, we would appreciate additional information so we may properly follow up. At your earliest convenience, please contact us directly at the hotel. It was our pleasure accommodating you, and we hope to have the opportunity to resolve these concerns to your satisfaction.