15 people are viewing this hotel
Booking.com$1,001
Hotels.com$1,032
Etrip$1,078
6,580 results
All reviews beach tower whalers village adult pool ocean view ono self parking breakfast buffet our honeymoon black rock hula grill koi fish an umbrella abc store an upgrade towel cards pool chairs four seasons
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 August 2022

We checked into the Westin Maui this past week after coming from the Westin Hapuna Beach in the Big Island. We had two completely different experiences in each location and definitely favored our experience at the Westin on the Big Island. While the actual property was beautiful and the rooms were nice, our overall experience was not so great. The room was very small for 4 people - there wasn't enough room to unpack all of our belongings and I found that we were using the couch and the table where the coffee maker is to put clothing. We found the hotel to be extremely crowded, chairs were impossible to find at the pool and the only chairs to be found came at a high cost - $170 for 4 chairs and 2 umbrellas each day! When I looked at my bill at the end of my stay, I was beyond shocked by the daily cost incurred before even factoring in any food/drink charges. They charge you a hefty resort fee, daily parking fee and then a fee to use chairs at the beach. Why charge a resort fee if I still have to pay for the beach? Also, many people on this site talked about being upgraded to the beach tower and the lanai access floor. As Marriott Platinum Elite members, we were offered an upgrade to the beach tower but our front desk agent told us we would have to pay a daily fee to use the lanai access. Many people we met along our trip mentioned they were upgraded to the beach tower and were given lanai access so I am not sure why that wasn't an option for us. The concierge at the hotel was not incredibly helpful and when I asked about assisting us with booking dinner reservations, she informed me I should book them on my own through open table because that's what they would use anyway. The pool was so crowded and the adult pool, which should have been a more relaxing experience, felt like college spring break. Hundreds of people hanging out in the pool with cans of beers and white claws. The cleaning staff also did not do such a great job cleaning our rooms and often left dirty towels on our sink rather than removing them and replacing them. Also on a few occasions, we came back to our room around 3 pm only to find our room had not been cleaned at that point. I think it's probably a better hotel for families with very young children who would enjoy the flamingos, fish feeding, water slides and overall chaos of the hotel. This is not the place for families with older kids or for couples who want to relax. Also, if you are staying on the side of the building that faces Whalers Village, it is very loud in the morning with truck deliveries to the different locations. Last, the bathrooms by the pool restaurant area are absolutely filthy.

Room tip: Don't get a room facing Whaler's Village
Date of stay: July 2022
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2022

Aloha danagC7687QB,

Mahalo for taking the time to share your experience. We want to thank you for being a loyal Westin guest and Marriott Bonvoy Platinum member. Our guests' feedback is an essential aspect for enhacing our accommodations, amenities, and hospitality, and we appreciate your detailed feedback about how your stay could have been better. We hope you will accept our apologies for your disappointment regarding the size of our guestrooms and included amenities associated with the resort fee. Please know your feedback will be shared with the appropriate departments, and we will take steps to ensure a more seamless, memorable stay for every guest that enters our doors. It was truly our pleasure to have you as our guest, and we do hope we have another opportunity to provide an excellent experience.

Reviewed 27 July 2022

Let me start off by saying the Front Desk Manager Jeff is an absolute waste and he thinks that waiving the overpriced resort fee and giving me 25k points was good enough for a terrible honeymoon stay. Marriott customer service is just as bad!
I have to say when I travel I generally stay at Hilton or Marriott so when we choose our Honeymoon I choose all Marriott branded properties but now I wish I had not done so. When we arrived there was absolutely no acknowledgement that we were on our honeymoon and was asked if we wanted a room with two beds even though the travel agent sent me a screen shot that her documentation clearly showed we were on our honeymoon. I guess because we were two guys the desk agent thought we were friends but when we told her she said congratulations but nothing more. I asked if there was an upgrade available and she said for an additional $350 a night so we said no. After our first night I asked to speak with a manger because the bed was terrible and not what I expected for a $3500 hotel stay on top of the fact that the charge $45 a day to park which is a complete rip-off and to this day. The adult pool was far from adult because there were kids snorkeling in the infinity pool and staff said nothing but don't dare bring a beer from your room because they will say something about that. Wouldn't want them to not be able to charge you $10 for a can of beer. Happy hour was a joke because it was not offered at the adult bar and only at the bar by the family pool, which means you have to take a walk. Finally, we don't often ask for housekeeping but the one day we did they never came. I think this property needs a corporate visit. Overall, this was not the honeymoon experience we were looking for and I question future stays with Marriott. I further think that if you are going to go to this part of Maui, do yourself a favor and don't stay here.

Room tip: The bed was not comfortable.
Date of stay: April 2022
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2022

Aloha 795WILLIAMW,

Mahalo for taking the time to post your feedback. We are genuinely sorry for not being able to make your honeymoon stay a memorable one and for the service shortfalls you experienced. We are disappointed to learn about the frustration you endured at the adult pool. We have reviewed your concerns with our associates and have taken steps to ensure we focus on delivering attentive and thoughtful hospitality to our guests. Furthermore, we apologize that you were not satisfied with our beds. We continually work to improve our accommodations, and we appreciate you sharing your comments. While we regret you were not pleased with the compensation we provided, we hope that you now feel more comfortable with our efforts and, in some way, help restore your confidence in our hotel. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to discuss your experience further – Kauiolaakea.kaina@westin.com.

Kauiolaakea Kaina
Front Desk Manager

Reviewed 24 July 2022

We had such a great time last week in Maui. We absolutely loved staying at the Westin, and were so happy with the beach and pools. The on site restaurants are so convenient, as is the location next to Whalers Village. My kids loved feeding the fish and birds every morning, and we got to make the complimentary leis, which was so fun. The luau at the hotel is awesome, too. My kids loved the pools and water slides, and the private beach access is wonderful. They have inflatables/beach toys and snorkel gear for purchase, and we had a blast with those. We had some minor hiccups with overpaying for parking, because we didn’t understand how to come and go without paying. But, the Westin refunded our money after I showed them the charges. The room was perfect. We had a Mountain View room and were perfectly happy with it. I’m glad we didn’t pay the extra for ocean view. Beach chairs and umbrellas were too expensive, so we just sat on towels. That would be my only suggestion…more affordable chairs and umbrellas. We loved the views of Lanai and Molokai. We would love to stay here again!! I witnessed some hard to deal with customers while we were there. I would take that into account, when you read any negative reviews. Some people are spoiled and entitled, and I didn’t see any of the negative things that some mention. Mahalo for a wonderful vacation, Westin Maui.❤️

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SuzanneS2672
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2022

Aloha SuzanneS2672,

Mahalo for this wonderful review. We love that you were able to immerse yourself in a total Hawaiian experience, from the spectacular sunsets, ocean waves, fun in our pools to our traditional Wailele Luau. We are pleased you found our beautiful Maui beach location to be perfect for your plans. Please come back and see us at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali any time your travels bring you and your kids to Hawaii.

Reviewed 22 July 2022

We checked in at 11:30 am (super early but wanted towels for the pool) our room was not ready (which was totally understandable). As we were lining everything out, the couple next to us was complaining about their accommodations…. We just minded our own business-people complain, no biggie.
Once the couple left-the manager came over to Daryl and upgraded us to theIr new tower with Lanai access AND gave us our room asap. We were in our room by noon. They were both amazing! Wr had an amazing stay at the Westin! They went above and beyond, and we were greeted with a smile every time we passed through the lobby.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank uptownmommy
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2022

Aloha uptownmommy,

Mahalo for sharing your fantastic feedback with fellow online travelers regarding your visit to The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali. Everything we do is designed to provide a revitalizing experience for our guests, and we are pleased that we exceeded your expectations. Our associates are committed to providing intuitive and thoughtful service, and mahalo for recognizing all that they do. It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and we look forward to hosting you both again soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2022

We had a wonderful experience with this hotel. The staff were warm and welcoming, we did have a full oceanfront upgrade including the Lanai so my experience is based on this not a normal room no upgrades. We felt it was worth the price as we had the breakfast, snack and dinner options - they said "small bits" but there was so much food for dinner and it was so good we didn't end up going out. So I suppose if you want to eat dinner off property maybe don't get this because it was a full meal. The pool in the Lanai was for adults only so note this if you have kids. The family pool was a ton of fun with all the slides and activities. This hotel is also one of the few that has a full beach - we had a great time boogie boarding with the waves (managed to go during a 20 year historic surf surge...yes during same time those waves were coming over rooftops on the big island...). Swimming and snorkeling were not really an option due to the waves. It is a large hotel without villas, so if you are looking for a quieter experience this may not be your place. I used the gym it was really nice, did outdoor yoga and a run with Brad (this was a ton of fun, he's a local marathoner who runs with the guests on Wed and Sat morning). I did not use the spa, it looked lovely but it is expensive.

Room tip: Depends on what view you want
1  Thank Katherine M
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Ka'anapali, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2022

Aloha Katherine M,

Mahalo for taking the time to share that your stay at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali was perfect in every way. We are glad you were able to enjoy our rejuvenating amenities and five outdoor pools here at our resort. It is also lovely to know that you enjoyed our mesmerizing ocean-front guest rooms and the delicious breakfast. Our associates are committed to providing intuitive and thoughtful service, and mahalo for recognizing all that they do. It was our pleasure to accommodate you, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.