The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 353
Official Website
US$ 328
US$ 319
Orbitz.com
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 280
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
5,435 results
All reviewsbeach towerwhalers villageadult poolblack swanocean viewself parkingheavenly bedpink flamingosbreakfast buffetour honeymoonhula grillspg pointskoi fishan umbrellaabc storekaanapali beachfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

A bit disappointed with this hotel
Rollaway not ready despite numerous reminders - eventually sofa pull out which was very uncomfortable for my daughter
Requested high floor away from elevator and given low floor 2 rooms down from elevator which could be heard at night
Balcony paint /plaster coming off and sticking to feet

Breakfast buffet very average - not worth the money

Nice pool area but very crowded

Room Tip: rooms in tower perpendicular to beach are bigger
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Antsyd
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Been here a week now and Virginia has been great to my wife and I. We come back to a clean room. She has made this experience a great one. She knows us by name and was really sweet. This has been a great honeymoon at the Westin!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Resort couldn't have been nicer. Had a wonderful time. Great location, right on the beach. Shuttle to Lahaina was a nice bonus.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank karensammatt
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I had read so many disheartening reviews about the Westin Maui prior to our trip, and was anxious in finding out what was so horrible about the place. Granted, we had an ocean view room, which from other reviews made the trip better than any other rooms in the hotel. I didn't think this Westin was too old or in poor condition. I mean, c'mon, it's the island, and the tropical weather will do something to buildings but it was such a beautiful locale. There were flamingos, coy fish, parrots (mind you, one squawked quite loudly at me. :D), and a waterfall in the middle of the lobby. It's an outdoor lobby concept so I can understand how moisture over time will do something to the hotel but even then it was still great. The room was clean; the bed was clean; the balcony afforded us a great view of the sunrise and sunset (though I didn't care too much for a view of the rooftop). The room was well-stocked with essentials, and it was more than I could ask for. The two complaints are housekeeping and food. Yeah, they came in to make beds and throw trash out but they'd just throw towels back up on the rack without folding. Usually housekeeping does a more cleanly, organized job. I didn't think so initially but I got used to it..no harm there.

The food is so crazy expensive. We'd end up going to Whalers Village to eat, or driving off the resort to go get food. $27 per person for buffeet breakfast was delicious but we ended up paying that much b/c if we opted for individual dishes, it'd roughly come out to the same sans $3-4. I definitely was detered from buying any food/snacks or drinks while laying out by the beautiful but VERY FRIGID pool water.

Overall, still a good experience.

Room Tip: Ask for ocean view room. we originally booked a garden view but we got an ocean view upon check-in. NOTE: We are SPG Gold members.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank travelgirl9000
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We visited the Westin Maui for our wedding (held off property) and honeymoon. Service was so so, the lobby / pool areas were great. Room wasn't overly great, but we weren't there to Gaze at walls all day. We had a gorgeous ocean view and reserved chairs daily on the beach (there is a cost for this...). Overall, I'd say we probably wouldn't stay here again, although it wasn't horrible. I think for the same money I would stay at the Ritz on the next visit to Maui. Also, my wife had terrible service at the spa.

Room Tip: Ask to be on the SPG floor - up high with amazing views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple