Spent 4 days at The Whaler in a waterfront apartment. The apartment was extremely well appointed and we did not want for anything. It was on a corner next to Whalers Village so had a wrap around balcony, great in almost any weather. A little noisy in the evenings but did not affect our sleep at all as the doors shut out the sounds of happy souls enjoying their holidays.
Biggest problem we encountered was the apparently normal lack of clean beach towels. On our first day we went to collect towels at around 10.30am, no clean towels and they would not arrive from the laundry until about noon. Staff blamed the laundry, but obviously there are just not enough towels. Flabbergasted, as I had never encountered this problem at any other resort anywhere in the world, I went to reception with my problem. They were no more helpful until I insisted I required towels. They gave one beach towel they found and then after more insisting, gave me a white bath towel, but very unwillingly. This is totally unacceptable at a beach resort. We noticed many people having the same problem over the next few days. Hint - don't give up your towels, just change them for clean ones and collect your towel ticket prior to check out.
The situation of the resort was great, handy to restaurants, boat trips and a beautiful beach for swimming.
All in all, a lovely resort in a fabulous position marred by somewhat unhelpful staff on reception and perhaps inexperienced management.
On checking out we also had a problem with incorrect resort charges which after some discussion were removed as we had a private let.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This exclusive luxury condominium boasts an idyllic location on Maui's famous Kaanapali Beach across from two championship golf courses and minutes from Lahaina. Each spacious unit features a full kitchen and a spectacular view. A beachfront pathway and private access allows guests easy entry to adjacent Whalers Village's 65 shops and restaurants. Please be advised of these changes to the daily resort fee at Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach. These changes will go into effect April 1, 2017. - Any new reservations booked for travel April 1, 2017 – May 31, 2017, will be subject to a resort fee of $17.00 plus tax per day. - Any new reservations booked for travel June 1, 2017 and beyond, will be subject to a resort fee of $20.00 plus tax per day. - Any reservations booked prior to April 1, 2017 will be honored at the existing resort fee of $16.00 plus tax per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Lahaina
- Whaler Kaanapali Beach
- Kaanapali Beach
- The Whaler Maui
- Aston At The Whaler On Kaanapali Beach Maui/Lahaina