Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,039 results
All reviews house restaurant puna point putting green old hawaii ocean view studio slack key guitar ocean front pupus full kitchen welcome home coastal trail beautiful beach paddle boarding ceiling fan snorkel equipment beach chairs the ritz carlton
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2021

My friend and I came to Maui to bring in the New Year. This was the first time staying at Napili Kai but it won't be the last. Our room (suite 221) had the most stunning view of the water and coast line. Falling asleep to the sound of the waves every night was a total dream. Our bed was also very comfortable and everything about the room was cozy and made us feel right at home. The resort is on some of the prettiest coast line I've seen in Maui. I loved walking on the beach path every morning and arriving at their Sea House Restaurant for breakfast. The restaurant is so delicious and fresh. I was actually very surprised because usually resort restaurants aren't that impressive but this one was. I think I tried everything on their breakfast menu and it didn't disappoint. My favorite was the pancakes with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice! We also loved snorkeling everyday. It was the perfect spot to see sea turtles as well. I followed one around for 15 minutes. It was so incredible. They also have a nice fitness center, pool and jacuzzi. I wish I could have stayed a month but I will surly be back.

Room tip: Suite 221 is magical
1  Thank Giovanna S
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Napili Kai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2021

Aloha Giovanna,

Thank you so much for your detailed review and for choosing Napili Kai Beach Resort. We are overwhelmed by your comments and are excited that you found our little gem on the Pacific - both Napili Kai and Sea House Restaurant! We look forward to having you back home with us soon at Napili Kai.

Reviewed 16 December 2020

Our group of 12 just returned from a fabulous family/friend reunion at Napili Kai. I have been to Hawaii many times, and to Maui more than any other island, but this is my favorite spot of all. If you prepare to start scheduling your covid test about 1 week before takeoff, traveling to Maui is really quite easy and safe. We tested at Walgreen's (NOW ID test) & others used the mail-order Vault test which is also accepted by Hawaii officials. This is the best time ever to travel to Maui because so few people are there! We drove the road to Hana and passed less than 10 cars! The waterfalls had on average 5-6 other visitors. The beaches had a few scattered tourists! The Kapalua Coastal Trail has become the Road Less Traveled! We were able to eat out at our favorite restaurants and enjoy all of our normal activities. Some of the best snorkeling on Maui has been found right in front of the oceanfront Puna Point units at Napili Kai. We saw turtles on every swim. The Sea House restaurant's food is better than ever & their Happy Hour still has half-price drinks, but now you can always find a table! We enjoyed their putting green party, lei-making & I love Joe's weekly GardenTour of the grounds. I am returning as soon as I can!

Room tip: For oceanfront 1bd/2bath: Puna Point. Fabulous views! These units are very private and quiet, located on the north end of the property.
5  Thank momto7
Guest Services, Guest Services / Front Office at Napili Kai Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review and explaining the current travel process for potential future guests. We agree, right now is a wonderful time to be in the islands and at Napili Kai! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our resort and our 'Ohana.

The Napili Kai 'Ohana

Reviewed 12 December 2020 via mobile

Want to start this with a huge appreciation to the staff of the Napili Kai beach resort. They were all very kind, friendly, and helpful. They fostered a safe and relaxing experience for me, my wife, and all of the other guests in the resort. Everything was sprayed down and wiped continuously, everyone wore masks, staff stepped aside to keep a 6 feet distance from guests, and there are sanitizing stations everywhere. The resort did not feel overcrowded and everything was well maintained. The pools were exceptionally clean.

The room does not look dated as many reviews suggest. The rooms are well equipped with new appliances and every amenity you could need including candles, disinfecting spray, complimentary wipes, plenty of dishes and pots, umbrella, safe, and a great bathroom set (the shampoo and conditioner are actually great quality and moisturizing). The sliding screen doors in the room are beautiful and charming. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. The decor is a traditional hawaiian theme with paintings of local sites. The pictures don't do justice to this charming and spacious room.

The location of the resort is also fantastic. The bay is beautiful and is a great site for swimming and snorkeling. Plenty of coral reef and fish not too far from shore. There is a local market and a farmers market nearby with front street only 15 mins away. This area feels much more laid back compared to Wailea and Kihei.

In addition to the beautiful grounds, the Sea House restaurant is a great feature. Nestled in between the guest rooms and the beach, the restaurant has a great view of the bay. The food is exceptional with a good range of options. Definitely do dinner and get the poke nachos. The breakfast is amazing, personal favorite was the Honolua breakfast with some coffee.

If it isn't already clear, we would definitely recommend this resort to friends and family! We had a great honeymoon made possible by the meticulous care and attention of Napili Kai Beach Resort staff. Thank you!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank carlosy393

Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review, for choosing Napili Kai Beach Resort and for joining us for such a special occasion! We are overwhelmed by your comments and are excited that you found our little gem on the Pacific. Napili Kai has a long standing history thanks to guests like you. Our staff has worked diligently to ensure our elevated cleaning protocol keep both our staff and our guests safe. We are so happy that you agree with the measures we have taken.

Congratulations again and we hope you will join us in the future.

Reviewed 7 December 2020

I have stayed a number of places in Hawaii but, this is the place to truly enjoy the best of Maui. There are several buildings all facing the view, some you can literally roll out of bed into the ocean or pool. The room we had in Kaika building was huge and the balcony was big and well furnished.

The beach here is usually calm and great for kids and older folks. The other end of the small bay has more wave action if that's what the kids want. The snorkeling is great here. If you don't see turtles here walk to the bay south of Napili.

The staff is kind and helpful, the grounds are beautiful, the sunsets are amazing and, there are several activities to socialize with staff and guests and family or just hang on the beach. It is a quiet place at night.

A restaurant and a snack shop are on site and outdoors. There is a ABC store with minimal groceries and a deli, and a Grocery store and strip mall all within walking distance. Lahina is a 15 minute drive or 30 minute bus ride away.

During this Pandemic they are wiping down all the pool/beach furniture after every use and all staff wear face coverings. I felt very safe.
Now is the time to come far less people on the beach! Just plan a week in advance of your flight how and where to get your COVID test. It is assuring that everyone on the plane is negative COVID and locals are very respectful of all pandemic precautions.

Room tip: Look at the property map.
Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank Sbaumlopez

Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Napili Kai Beach Resort. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us. Napili Kai is a special place and it is guests like you that keep it so special. Our staff has gone to great lengths to ensure our elevated cleaning protocol keeps both our staff and our guests safe and their minds at ease. We are so happy that you feel comfortable with the adjustments we have made and that you enjoyed the quietness of the beaches during this time.

Reviewed 5 December 2020

I love this resort. My husband and I go to the resort every year.
They have taken Covid seriously and they maintain the beach
chairs, and sanatize the rooms before you check in. I highly
recommend this resort.

Room tip: get a beach view or ocean front for excellent views
Date of stay: November 2020

Aloha,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing Napili Kai Beach Resort again and again. Our staff has gone to great lengths to ensure our elevated cleaning protocol keeps both our staff and our guests safe and their minds at ease. We are so happy that you feel comfortable with the adjustments we have made.