All reviewsdennis costaocean viewliving roomputting greenthe kitchenthe general manageracross the streethuge lanaimai tai partyfresh towelswasher and dryertime sharequiet locationtimeshare exchangegrounds are beautifulfull bathroomskeawakapu beach
Reviewed 11 September 2017

We exchanged into Maui Lea and were very pleased with the accommodation. The resort exudes a casual and relaxing ambience. We were told that something like half the residents live there most of the year, which might explain why the staff are so wonderfully attentive.

Located at the southern end of Kihei, almost to high-end Wailea, the resort has a 24/7 checkin, which was just as well since our flight was late and we did not arrive until 1am. Our 1-bed unit was spacious although the kitchen could have been a tad larger and slightly less space provided in the lounge. AC and spacious lan with nice view of the ocean, although we were located too near to the sometimes noisy South Kihei Road. The reception staff like other staff members is excellent/friendly; during our one week stay we had several requests, including a power strip that they accommodated. Beach chairs were available in the unit closet. The grounds are well manicured and there is a splendid pool, which is where the resort offers a splendid complimentary BBQ Tuesday with hot dogs and mai tai, music, and a splendid Elvis tribute show.

The upshot is that we love Maui, partly on the basis of our experience at Maui Lea; we prefer Maui to Kauai where we visited 2 years ago. The Maui people are friendly. We had some great trips out to Po'olenalena Beach (a tad murky for the first few feet but quiet), a day trip to Haleakala Crater, the Sugar Museum, and the winery at the Ulupalakua Ranch (where you can get a wonderful elk burger).

Restaurants? So try Cuatro near Foodland.

If we return to Maui, we will certainly want to return to Maui Lea/Hill.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnEO
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time for writing such a comprehensive and complimentary review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are honored to receive such high praise, ant to hear among the many choices available in the timeshare resorts available you choose the Maui Lea at Maui Hill Resort as your resort destination choice. We do not take such a positive recommendation lightly, and we truly appreciate your patronage. The entire team her strives to provide the ambience of a "home away from home" for our valued guests, and to ensure they have a vacation experience infused with the aloha spirit so unique to the islands. We are so pleased that we have been able to provide this for you, it is guests like you who make our jobs here so rewarding and worthwhile. I will certainly be sharing your comments with my staff at our next team meeting. We look forward to welcoming you back again and once again exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

The staff was just great in welcoming locals and visitors alike. Our room was clean and our kids absolutely ENJOYED themselves. Steps away from the beach and other local kine stuff in the area. We will forego the more expensive Wailea hotel that we try to go to, for the Maui Hill. It leaves more money to spend on other things like: BBQ'ing and snacks :)

Room Tip: Good for local kine StayCay's
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank mikichele
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for writing a positive review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your vacation with us, and truly appreciate your comments. We meaning the entire team here strives to provide the feeling of home away from home to all are valued guests by going above and beyond to do whatever it takes to ensure a positive vacation experience. We all look forward to welcoming you again.
Please contact me directly so I can personally oversee your reservations to ensure another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

They have very good out door garden and well maintained environment. Compare with what they have outdoor, their indoor equipment are old and really needs update.

On Bad Side:

First of all they don't seem to change all of the bedding or only change partial of them. I found couple long hairs in my bed cover at the first night, so at least some portion haven't been cleaned.

The carpet and bedding maybe more than 10 yrs with heavy moldy smell. I am not sure it is from the carpet or mattress or wall. I do not have respiratory issue, but people beware it is too strong enough if you have such problem.

Their window AC unit is not only very loud, it also emit urine smell after running 2 hrs, i bet it have something to do with their fleon.

On the good side:

their towel is clean and they change in daily basis, which is good.

Their office runs very late to accommodate late arrival.

They are close to beach.

Kitchen is remodeled with new counter-top.

They provide some beach seat or umbrella in the house that you can utilize it.

Even I am dissappoint with their hardware, it is still better than the Kamaole Sand next to them. Our friend live there, and according to my observation their hardware are maybe 10+ older than we have.

Conclusion:

We book Aston Maui Hill because we had good experience with another Aston property before. But they doesn't seem to upkeep the hardware as before.

If that is privately owned property and operated by Aston, the owner is too thrifty to upgrade appliances and the management need improvement on cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank djb0646

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We appreciate any and all feedback in our constant striving to improve on guest satisfaction. I t is very disheartening to hear that we have fallen short of our usual high standards during your recent stay with us, as Maui Hill has a reputation in the industry for providing exceptional guest satisfaction and imparting the warm aloha spirit so unique to the Islands. Please allow me to personally apologize and take full responsibility for not meeting your expectations of the Resort while you were here. Pease note that we are in the process of refurbishing the hardware in our units on a ongoing basis that need to be done. I only wish I would have been notify of your concerns while you were here so that I would have happy to place you in a unit that would have meet your expectations. Please contact me directly when you return to Maui and I will personally handle your reservations to ensure a vacation experience that exceeds your expectations in every way.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Last minute bargain coerced us to try something new. Very happy! Staying two weeks.
So we called and talked to Nancy and she arranged for us to stay in unit 140 for the whole stay. Last unit upstairs on the property and very quiet except for the birds which are not annoying. The property manager places a sign for handicapped units to the closest parking space for your unit with your room number on the sign. Very convenient.
Nice pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard and putting green with everything available to check out in the office.
Our closet was full of many beach chairs, snorkels, fins, pool floats, noodles, shovels, sunscreen, noodles, life jackets and lots useful items. Games and books in the drawers and a TV in both bedrooms and living room. Large lanai running the length of the living room and master bedroom and deck on other side from 2nd bedroom. Kitchen fully furnished and washer and dryer. Home away from home.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank kctab

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for writing such a positive and detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly appreciate your comments. Our entire team here strives to provide the feeling of home away from home to our valued guests by going above and beyond to do whatever it takes to ensure a positive vacation experience. We all look forward to welcoming you again.
Please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your rteservations to ensure another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our stay at Maui Hill, for the most part, was great. The 3-bedroom unit was beautiful and well stocked, including beach equipment. Our view was spectacular and included several places where we could see the ocean across the street. The grounds were beautiful and it was a very peaceful location. We loved being so close to several great beaches and town shopping. The staff was friendly (except for the concierge lady who was rude and dismissive) and housekeeping was quick to replace a broken blender and bring more towels. The comfort of the beds was not great, mostly because the pillows were hard and flat.

There was not an activities schedule and the only planned activity, lei-making, was cancelled. If they had gone ahead with the class, it would have cost $10. We just came from Wyndham Kona the week before and were spoiled with a full activities schedule including lei-making and hula dance lessons, at no cost. It would be great if Maui Hill included some family-friendly activities.

My main complaint is that we were treated differently than owners, (not given the nicer pool towels but given cheaper towels because we were not owners, etc.) Maybe there was a good reason to have different towels but to tell us we were not owners and therefore could not have the striped towels, felt very unwelcoming. I have booked many vacations through RCI, after banking our time share, and we have always been treated wonderfully, just as if we were owners. This is the first resort where I felt not as welcome because I was not an owner at this particular resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet S

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you so very much) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We appreciate any and all feedback in our constant striving to improve on guest satisfaction. I only wish I had been made aware of your concerns while you were staying with us. I would have immediately have taken care of it immediately. We truly hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay on our beautiful Island, and we would dearly appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our resort should you decide to return to Maui in the future. Please contact me directly and I will personally make sure we exceed your expectations of the resort in every way.