“Beautiful outdoor, not really good indoor”
Review of Aston Maui Hill

Aston Maui Hill
Ranked #2 of 62 Speciality Lodging in Kihei
Reviewed 7 September 2017

They have very good out door garden and well maintained environment. Compare with what they have outdoor, their indoor equipment are old and really needs update.

On Bad Side:

First of all they don't seem to change all of the bedding or only change partial of them. I found couple long hairs in my bed cover at the first night, so at least some portion haven't been cleaned.

The carpet and bedding maybe more than 10 yrs with heavy moldy smell. I am not sure it is from the carpet or mattress or wall. I do not have respiratory issue, but people beware it is too strong enough if you have such problem.

Their window AC unit is not only very loud, it also emit urine smell after running 2 hrs, i bet it have something to do with their fleon.

On the good side:

their towel is clean and they change in daily basis, which is good.

Their office runs very late to accommodate late arrival.

They are close to beach.

Kitchen is remodeled with new counter-top.

They provide some beach seat or umbrella in the house that you can utilize it.

Even I am dissappoint with their hardware, it is still better than the Kamaole Sand next to them. Our friend live there, and according to my observation their hardware are maybe 10+ older than we have.

Conclusion:

We book Aston Maui Hill because we had good experience with another Aston property before. But they doesn't seem to upkeep the hardware as before.

If that is privately owned property and operated by Aston, the owner is too thrifty to upgrade appliances and the management need improvement on cleaning.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank djb0646
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We appreciate any and all feedback in our constant striving to improve on guest satisfaction. I t is very disheartening to hear that we have fallen short of our usual high standards during your recent stay with us, as Maui Hill has a reputation in the industry for providing exceptional guest satisfaction and imparting the warm aloha spirit so unique to the Islands. Please allow me to personally apologize and take full responsibility for not meeting your expectations of the Resort while you were here. Pease note that we are in the process of refurbishing the hardware in our units on a ongoing basis that need to be done. I only wish I would have been notify of your concerns while you were here so that I would have happy to place you in a unit that would have meet your expectations. Please contact me directly when you return to Maui and I will personally handle your reservations to ensure a vacation experience that exceeds your expectations in every way.
Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Last minute bargain coerced us to try something new. Very happy! Staying two weeks.
So we called and talked to Nancy and she arranged for us to stay in unit 140 for the whole stay. Last unit upstairs on the property and very quiet except for the birds which are not annoying. The property manager places a sign for handicapped units to the closest parking space for your unit with your room number on the sign. Very convenient.
Nice pool, tennis courts, shuffleboard and putting green with everything available to check out in the office.
Our closet was full of many beach chairs, snorkels, fins, pool floats, noodles, shovels, sunscreen, noodles, life jackets and lots useful items. Games and books in the drawers and a TV in both bedrooms and living room. Large lanai running the length of the living room and master bedroom and deck on other side from 2nd bedroom. Kitchen fully furnished and washer and dryer. Home away from home.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank kctab

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for writing such a positive and detailed review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and truly appreciate your comments. Our entire team here strives to provide the feeling of home away from home to our valued guests by going above and beyond to do whatever it takes to ensure a positive vacation experience. We all look forward to welcoming you again.
Please contact me directly so that I can personally oversee your rteservations to ensure another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

Our stay at Maui Hill, for the most part, was great. The 3-bedroom unit was beautiful and well stocked, including beach equipment. Our view was spectacular and included several places where we could see the ocean across the street. The grounds were beautiful and it was a very peaceful location. We loved being so close to several great beaches and town shopping. The staff was friendly (except for the concierge lady who was rude and dismissive) and housekeeping was quick to replace a broken blender and bring more towels. The comfort of the beds was not great, mostly because the pillows were hard and flat.

There was not an activities schedule and the only planned activity, lei-making, was cancelled. If they had gone ahead with the class, it would have cost $10. We just came from Wyndham Kona the week before and were spoiled with a full activities schedule including lei-making and hula dance lessons, at no cost. It would be great if Maui Hill included some family-friendly activities.

My main complaint is that we were treated differently than owners, (not given the nicer pool towels but given cheaper towels because we were not owners, etc.) Maybe there was a good reason to have different towels but to tell us we were not owners and therefore could not have the striped towels, felt very unwelcoming. I have booked many vacations through RCI, after banking our time share, and we have always been treated wonderfully, just as if we were owners. This is the first resort where I felt not as welcome because I was not an owner at this particular resort.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Janet S

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you so very much) for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort. We appreciate any and all feedback in our constant striving to improve on guest satisfaction. I only wish I had been made aware of your concerns while you were staying with us. I would have immediately have taken care of it immediately. We truly hope you were able to enjoy the rest of your stay on our beautiful Island, and we would dearly appreciate the opportunity to restore your confidence in our resort should you decide to return to Maui in the future. Please contact me directly and I will personally make sure we exceed your expectations of the resort in every way.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Aston Maui Hill is a good option as it has everything you need - plenty of space, clean, air-conditioned, laundry facilities in the room and a good and quiet location. It's certainly not 5-star and the decor is somewhat dated but you could do a lot worse.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NUFCadl
Dennis C, General Manager at Aston Maui Hill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2017

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you very much) for your review from the Aston Maui Hill Resort to share with the Trip Advisor community after your recent stay with us . We truly appreciate you choosing our vacation needs and we are happy to stay we are doing major improvements on the interior and exterior of our beautiful property. Please when you decide to return to Maui if you would contact me so I may personally handle your reservations.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I have owned a 2 bedroom timeshare at Maui Hill for 32 years. The General Manager Dennis Acosta does an exceptional job keeping the property and units beautiful and up to date with amenities. Dennis and staff are efficient and caring and have always been quick to follow through with any special requests during my many stays here. The units are quite large. The 2 bedroom unit is quite spacious (1100 Sq. Ft.) and sleeps 6. The front lanai is very large also. Maui Hill is just across the street from the beach on a hill that has a wonderful view of the water and sunsets. This is such a comfortable place to stay in South Kihei just before the Wailea border making it conveniently close to activities in Wailea. You can't go wrong staying here. I always look forward to coming back to my home away from home Maui Hill.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank GLB52

Aloha and Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you so very much) for writing such a complimentary
review of your recent stay with us at the Aston Maui Hill Resort to share with the Trip Advisor community. We are truly honored to receive such high praise. We do not take
such a positive recommendation lightly. The entire team here strives to provide the ambience of a "home away from home" for our valued owners and guests, to ensure they have a vacation experience infused with the aloha spirit so unique to the islands.
It is owners like you that make our jobs here so rewarding and worthwhile. I will certainly be sharing your comments with my staff at our next team . We look forward to welcoming you back home and once again exceeding your expectations.
Sincerely, Dennis Costa, General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
1.8 km away
37.2 km away
Aston at Papakea Resort
Aston at Papakea Resort
#26 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Aston Maui Hill? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK