All reviewsbbq areathe kitchenroad noisecomfortable bedwest sidethrough vrbokihei areastudiounitbeachmauisnorkelgroceriesfoodlandbbqs
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

A large group of us stayed at the Kihei Bay Surf, while on Maui for a Family vacation. We rented several units. My daughter, son-in-law and grandchildren stayed in unit #228. While the other units we rented were lovely, unit #228 was far from it! The screen door was broken, the toilet didn't flush properly, the pull out bed was broken, the foam mattresses (that were there to be used instead of the fold out couch) were filthy & stained. The air conditioning unit never worked. The advertised extras, such as - Snorkelling gear, beach chairs and tennis rackets, were not there. The unit may no longer be advertised to sleep 4, but at the time of our booking, it most certainly was! When compared to the other units, this one was so disgusting it was difficult to believe that it was in the same complex. We made several attempts to rectify these issues, with the owner, during our stay. The only "promise" received was that someone would come to fix the air conditioning unit, which never happened. It's worthy of mentioning, that I too had an issue with the unit my husband and I stayed in but upon contact with the owner, the issue (air conditioning unit) was fixed immediately. As mentioned the other units rented were comfortable and exactly as advertised. I have stayed at the Kihei Bay Surf on several occasions, and will continue to do so. I will not recommend unit #228 to anyone. In my opinion, you would be better off staying in a tent on the beach or in your car.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Exploration192182
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I traveled to Maui with our two teen daughters and had a condo booked 228 Kihei Surf Bay at mauivacationcondorentals.com. When we arrived we found the porch screen door hanging off, that the toilet would not flush properly, and that the AC unit was not functioning properly, and that was just the beginning. When we booked the room it said in the description that the room slept four with a king size bed and queen size pullout sofa, but when we were preparing for bed we removed the sofa cushions to find a sign taped to the sofa stating that the pull out was broken and that there are futon cushions in the closet. When we went to retrieve then we found two sets of 4" thick cushions that were disgustingly stained(really gross seriously), and some sheets in the closet. When we contacted the company the said they would send someone out to look at the AC in a few days(never happened) and that they changed the description to state that it came with cushions for children. We came to Maui with 10 other family members that stayed in 4 other rooms in the same condos and all of the other rooms were fantastic. I must say that the fact that it was very disappointing that even after speaking to and emailing the rental company they never tried to rectify or offer an apology for any of this. There were other issues with amenities advertised that were not available, but I have covered the more major points. Maui is a beautiful place and we will be back, but I recommend avoiding Maui Vacation Condo Rentals.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite places to stay. It's small and it's quiet, away from the crowds of tourists.
The property is always clean, the pool is never crowded and the bbq grills are almost always available.
The units might be a little smaller, but they have just what you need for a perfectly wonderful vacation.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

This condo complex is across from the whale sanctuary in Kihei. The unit we chose, 110, was a studio, smartly decorated, and a convenient walk to the beaches. It's about a mile from some great restaurants. Others have complained about the road noise, but we didn't have a problem with it when the air conditioner was running. If you're looking for a more economical path while in Maui, this is your place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

First time booking a condo type property place was easy to find , a well equipped and placed place over the road from beach not to far from shops and eateries too plenty of parking and free too thanks

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple