My family stayed at the Kealia Resort for our December 2011 vacation in Maui. Overall we had a great experience. Here are some of the "pros" and "cons" we found:
- ocean views are spectacular! Sunsets, whales, waves, all to be enjoyed from your lanai.
- condo unit was lovely. Had everything we needed and then some. Washer and dryer in unit was a major plus!
- the people were great. Owners and vacationers alike we very friendly and welcoming. Met some very nice new friends down at the bbqs almost every time we went down!
- grounds were beautiful. Well kept, clean, and lush. Gorgeous!
- the owners of our unit (#202) were very nice, helpful, and obviously put a great deal of effort into making their guests comfortable. Many thanks! :)
- for us, we discovered that we would have preferred to be a bit more centrally located in Kihei. This is personal preference only, as we know many people who are Sugar Beach loyalists and would likely disagree! As a young family, we just would have liked to be closer to restaurants, attractions, and more children (there were very few, if any, at this condo during our stay.... a major plus for some and a minus for others!). Next visit we will stay in Kihei again but be apt to stay in a more Southern location.
- this location tends to be very windy. Nothing anyone can help, but we were nearly sucked out of our front door on many occasions!
- although the ocean views are great, our unit did not allow a view for North/ South exposure. Side units would likely have a better panoramic views, but we did miss being able to see down either end of the beach.
Our downfalls are more to do with personal preference than any real "flaws" with the accommodations. I would highly recommend this resort for retired/ empty nest couples, or anyone looking for a quiet, relaxing stay in Maui. For us, we will be seeking out more action/ family-geared areas next trip. This is our fourth visit to Maui, and our fourth condo stay - overall very happy with the condo and can't complain about a beautiful vacation in paradise!
- Also Known As:
- Kealia Hotel Kihei
- Kealia Resort Maui/Kihei