Book In Advance

from US$ 55.00
More Info
from US$ 69.00
More Info
All reviews private lesson constructive criticism greeted warmly great lesson hour lesson land lesson group lesson positive attitude catch waves small waves riding waves rent boards great waves fantastic instructor rash guard great tips across the street
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Had a great surf lesson with Ashley at Surf Shack, so glad I decided to get a lesson in. Ashley got me up and surfing quickly and I caught more than enough waves. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I had never surfed before going to Surf Shack, but after my first lesson I can say that I'll be picking up extra shifts to come back to Maui just to surf.

My instructor was Lucas and he absolutely phenomenal, he really took the time to explain every step of wave riding from paddling to the mount to the dismount. He always had a constructive comment and a smile whenever he saw someone go. I could not have found a better instructor.

He really paid attention to his students and everyone was riding waves on their own by the end of the lesson with smiles and shakas all around.

The other surf shack staff were just as good, kind, quick and always ready to help I scheduled my next lesson within ten minutes of getting back to the shop.

I really enjoyed the photos they took and I'll leave my favorite attached to this review.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

I booked a private lesson with my eight year old daughter and our instructor was James and his awesome surf dog, Church. Not only did he have us both catching waves on our own within the first hour but he made it so much fun. We got great pics through the surf shack photographer and James even followed up with us the next day when he located a great action picture of us that a different photographer took and he sent it to me. Highly recommend the Surf Shack.

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great first lesson, my kids we able to get up and surf on first try. Lucas was a great coach and made the session very enjoyable. My kids now want to go every day!!!

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

We had a very positive experience with the surf shack. They took excellent care of our young children, making sure they were safe in the water and got up. If you can't get up, don't worry, they stand by their moto about a second free lesson. They also have a dedicated photographer taking hi-res pictures the entire time.