“BEST part of my Maui vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hawaiian Paddle Sports
Ranked #1 of 79 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Private Kayak and Outrigger Canoe Snorkel Tours. Surf Lessons, SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard) Hawaiian Paddle Sports offers a private alternative for Ocean Activities on Maui! If going out on crowded, diesel burring boat isn't your idea for ocean activities and you'd rather avoid going out with one of Large Kayak Companies or Surf Schools perhaps we are what you are looking for! We focus on attention to detail and the over all guest experience. Guide operated, Hawaiian Paddle Sports sets the bar for ocean activities on Maui. Whale Watching and Sea Turtle Snorkel Tours on Hawaiian Outrigger Canoes, Ocean Kayaks. We also offer "Guaranteed To Surf" Surfing Lessons or Stand Up Paddle Boards. All of our tours/lessons are Private.
Bellevue, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST part of my Maui vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

I did the canoe tour with my cousin, Hollis, and Tim.
It was my favorite part of my trip! Tim and Hollis are really friendly, and they definitely take pride in giving you a private and authentic experience. During our tour, we canoed, hung out on a private beach, and swam with turtles. We also learned a lot about the history and culture of the Islands, in addition to a few Hawaiian phrases!
We had to arrive really early in the morning, but it was worth it to have the water to ourselves. I think we saw maybe 2 other people while we were out. I would definitely book another tour with them if I had the opportunity.

1 Thank Linda M
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Somerville, Massachusetts, United States
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Turtle Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

My wife and I were excited for our first Maui adventure and it did not disappoint. We arrived at 7AM and had the pleasure of having Chelsea (a fellow Mass homegrown). She gave us our instructions and took a few photos and we were off. We kayaked up the shoreline and found some turtles poking their heads out of the water. After kayaking the Wailea coast, it was time to snorkel. As a first time snorkeler, it was amazing. Chelsea took our camera and for good reason. She got some great photos of us, and the amazing turtles all around us. It was a great experience.

Update: We also booked a snorkel to Molokini and it was not worth it. This was a much better experience. It was private and much more exciting.

Thanks,

Eric and Missy

1 Thank Eric S
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Reason has all excellent reviews.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012 via mobile

A little hard work pays off with a great experience. Great guides with a wealth of information. Would take journey again and recommend to any that does not mind a little work for some great snorkeling. We took the six man canoe but sure the kayaks would also be great. T-shirts were cool and only $20.

1 Thank farmerj78
Santa Clara, California
“Fantastic Private Surf Lessons!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Because of our outstanding outrigger canoe tour with Tim, I asked for private surf lessons with one of his instructors. Booking was extremely easy, as Tim is very responsive to emails and instructions are detailed and thorough.

At the 7am scheduled meet-up time, the instructor, Hollis, is already at the location. We review my experience and he provides a refresher, which is appropriate and much appreciated. We discuss boards, and I select a shorter board, and he takes a longer board. From a student point of view, this is ideal. If I am unable to catch a wave with a short board, the longer board will be available for my use.

On the water, Hollis selects waves that skill appropriate, giving me the challenge that I want, but insuring that there is some success as well. We even paddle to another section with larger sets to provide variety and see a different style of wave. The custom tailoring is what you want in private lessons. It wasn't one spot and taking it easy. Hollis was working hard to insure that I maximize my time on the water.

Between sets, the instructor reviews how to read the waves, how to position, surf jargon and safety procedures. Every opportunity was used to pass on knowledge and improve my ability to surf.

Overall, it was a fantastic private surf lessons. The enthusiasm and the desire to teach of the instructor made it a very successful session. Would book with Hawaiian Paddle Sports again without issue, and I've taken lessons with two other Maui schools as well.

Elk Grove, California, United States
“Family of 5 Canoe Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2012

This was an excellent excursion. Tim was friendly, educational and helpful for all the members of our party. He watched the little kids in the canoe when they didn't want to snorkel, so that the adults could still enjoy the beauty of the coral reef. The ecological approach and knowledge of Hawaiian culture and history was great as well.

We had difficulty cancelling when one member of our party had to cancel, but Tim communicated with us well regarding that issue, and it was resolved to our satisfaction.

We have another excursion scheduled for SUP and we are looking forward to it.