Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Etrip
StayForLong
Algotels
2,335 results
All reviews pool bar across the street free shuttle within walking distance mini fridge abc store parking lot rental car kihei area coffee maker ami beaches maui wailea tubs ocean tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2022 via mobile

Hotel was great, with large comfortable rooms. The pool and hot tub area was very nice and beautifully kept grounds all around. The staff was Awesome!!! Great location for walking to restaurants, shops and beaches.

Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2022 via mobile

Maui Coast Hotel is a decent, clean, competent hotel. The reason for 3* review is construction noise
* the site next door is owned by the hotel. It has been razed to the ground to build an extension
* as of Nov 2022 it is ground clearance and pile driving
* the website contains no warning of construction noise
* those guests booking direct are given no warning when reservations are made
* staff give misleading advice on checkin (light construction work only, will finish by 3pm etc)
* if you have a room on the side of the hotel overlooking the site then you will not be able to use your balcony. And the noise will be bothersome in the room. The outdoor pool is next to the site so that is affected.

A room rate at $500-$600 / night in November demands much better than this. When i complained the manager Travis was efficient at moving me to the other side of the hotel. But the whole situation should have been avoided / proactively managed. I did not want to spend by birthday getting progressively more stressed and then changing rooms.

You want to get a sense of the noise ? I have uploaded a video to YouTube. Type in “Construction noise at Maui Coast Hotel Hawaii” and you will find it. Judge for yourself

Room tip: Unless you can guarantee a quiet room … stay elsewhere
Date of stay: November 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed 23 October 2022

I booked for a week and stayed for 3 (on and off) I booked for one week and had intended to travel the island during the other 3 weeks. I did indeed go to Lahania and Paia but kept coming back here. Each time I was upgraded to a huge room with a separate bedroom. As I was travelling the front desk staff suggested I could store my items with them whilst I was away, this was super helpful as it meant I could travel with one small bag and leave suitcases behind. The beach is a short walk across the road and an ABC store is 5 minutes away for food/drink or gifts. The pool had more than enough sun loungers and a bar which had a happy hour between 3-6. The car park large enough for Halloween decorations went up before I left which were good. Special mention to Manny on the front desk whose suggestion of storing luggage was so helpful plus each time I came back welcomed me back. Have booked for next year and I cannot wait.

Room tip: Not pool side as there is music after 16:30 PLUS currently construction on this side of hotel too from 08:00
Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 20 October 2022

We enjoyed our stay here. The staff was very friendly. The room was excellent, very clean, very comfortable. Location is by construction, but that wasn't bad, just not "on the beach". Restaurant close by. Not a resort, but a very nice place to stay on Maui if you don't want to pay for resort items you never use.

Date of stay: October 2022
Reviewed 30 September 2022 via mobile

Hotel room with basic amenities. Clean, and the bed was comfortable. Basic concrete rectangle with popcorn textured ceiling and only two dim lamps for light. Tiny cramped bathroom with the toilet almost touching the tub and the door barely clears it when opening. Hotel has a pool with a bar, and a restaurant. Certainly not bad, but not particularly good either, especially for the price. Staff were universally friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: September 2022