Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
2,331 results
All reviews pool bar across the street free shuttle within walking distance abc store parking lot rental car coffee maker ami beaches maui wailea tubs ocean tennis court
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 August 2022 via mobile

We booked this hotel for 2 nights while we surfed in Kihei and we loved it! It’s clean, updated, and in a great location that’s walking distance from the beach & other amenities. We enjoyed the complimentary shuttle that took us around the town (will drive you approx 3 miles). There’s a nice pool where live music plays in the evening. The staff is lovely and so helpful. The gym is spacious and has updated equipment and a water bottle filling station. There are a couple restaurants, but it’s also close to resultants in town.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2022 via mobile

I lived at the Maui Coast Hotel for 6 weeks and will be back for another 6 weeks the middle of this month. I loved staying here. The hotel itself was perfect for what I needed. The staff was great from the time I checked in to the time I checked out. Helpful and friendly with every interaction. Great employees. The room was basic but clean and the maids did a good job. I loved that the pool was open until 10pm where many pools close early. Having live music every night until 9pm was cool too. Although the hotel isn't technically on the beach it almost is. I could walk out of my hotel room and be in the ocean in maybe 5-8 mins. Many times at a huge expense resorts it takes that long to walk across their property just to get to the beach. The hotels home beach, Kam 1 is beautiful but does get windy every afternoon. Snorkling is best earlier in the day. The hotel is in walking distance of many shops, restaurants, bars and other beaches. Although that's all walking distance, if you want you can take advantage of the free bikes they let you use up to 3 hours at a time. Not only fun but convenient. Especially if you need to run to the grocery store because they have baskets on the front of the bikes and it comes with a lock. If biking isn't your thing the hotel also offers a free shuttle to anywhere you want within 3 miles. Lastly if you have a rental car and are just driving everywhere this hotel doesn't charge for parking at this time. Many hotels charge a lot just to park. Since I was staying there for so long the free washer and dryers were great as well. There were multiple throughout the hotel so I always could find one that was open. If you are on the fence about booking this hotel I'd say just do it. I look forward to being back here a week and a half from now. Mahalo to Maui Coast Hotel staff.

Room tip: Check out Lava Rock for great Happy Hour and bar specials
Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2022

If you want a clean good quality and very friendly hotel with pool, tennis court, a free shuttle bus which takes you within a 3 mile radius on demand (first come first served basis), a really pleasant restaurant in a handy location for beach (just across the road) and shops/restaurants (all within easy walking distance) then look no further than this hotel. Kihei has a much more authentic Hawaiian feel about it than Wailea - we did visit the latter and the hotels look amazing, but you pay the price. The Maui Coast is not inexpensive by any measure, but compared to Wailea is much more reasonable. The Staff here are just lovely - so welcoming and helpful. All of them can not do enough for you and constantly greet you with a warm smile, advise you on where to go and what to see and where to hire a car (Kihei rental down the road, is excellent value and the hotel will take you there in their courtesy shuttle). A special thank you to Lisi and Cheryl for their hospitality and advice.

The only caveat at present is building work on one side of the hotel which is not a great outlook but reception moved us straight away from an even number room to an odd numbered room on the other side of the hotel which was much more pleasant.

I would thank all the staff for making this such an appealing hotel and the reception team are a credit to the hotel. Many thanks

Room tip: Try to ensure not to be on the side looking out on to new development site
Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Famcole
Reviewed 29 June 2022 via mobile

Great location! Room was large and clean. Loved that the bedroom was separate from the living area. Bathroom was also spacious. Huge property so it’s easy to get lost! Didn’t visit the pool but all the Kamaole beaches are within walking distance, as is the abc store, and restaurants. Staff was very friendly!

Restaurants do close way earlier on the island now (heads up). We couldn’t find anywhere for a late dinner.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Madmck66
Reviewed 26 May 2022

Just checked in and our balcony is literally right next to all the parked cars that I can almost touch the trunk of the cars. When a car starts, the exhaust comes into the room and our room is supposed to be at the 2nd floor, which I guess is same level as the parking lot. Very disappointed.

Date of stay: May 2022