“Average Thai, solid meal”
Review of Thai Mee Up

Thai Mee Up
Ranked #6 of 166 Restaurants in Kahului
Reviewed 17 June 2018

Ordered the shrimp pad thai on our way from upcountry to Iao Valley. It was your average thai, but the portions were huge! One pad thai was enough to feed my husband and I…and we saw most others sharing as well. Definitely a solid choice for a cheap lunch.

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

Our rental car agent sent us here after picking up our car at the airport. It is located right across from the Costco gas station. We were famished from our flight. So glad he recommended since it was one of our best meals on Maui! We liked the Cashew Chicken and Pad Thai better than the Lemongrass Chicken which was fried, but it was all very tasty! Four thumbs up!

1  Thank jaysquares
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

Stopped here after landing at the airport. Pad Thai was sooo good, and so much better than what we had at Star Noodle later in the week. Also ordered the fried game hen that was recommended but it hardly had any meat on it so we’d go with two orders of the delicious Pad Thai next time. Yum!!!

1  Thank SunTia
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite things to do when I travel is to find great local food spots, and in the collection of food trucks that can be found in a nondescript parking lot near Costco in Kahului on Maui’s North Shore there are some gems!!!
All of these food trucks turn out absolutely delicious food but my personal favourite(just edging out the “Like Poke?” Truck) is the Thai food truck, “Thai Mee Up”.
I have never had a bad meal from these guys. Everything I have ever eaten here over the last few years has been delicious. The helpings are very generous and a main serving could easily be two meals for many people. Prices are very reasonable. The pork ribs for example are one of the more expensive dishes at $12USD.
My favourite dishes are the fried pork ribs, lemongrass chicken, chicken pad Thai and cashew chicken.
The vibe of the area is very relaxed with a mix of locals and tourists all sharing the undercover, common bench seating in the central courtyard area formed by the various trucks around the perimeter. Highly recommended for lunch if you are in the Kahului/Paia area.

1  Thank Kieran O
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My wife had the ribs with papaya salad and rice. She thought they were tangy, tasty and ample. I had the green chicken curry with Jasmine rice. Fantastic flavours, abundant fresh vegetables and spices with grilled chicken pieces. So very reasonably priced.