“Best food trucks on North Shore of Maui”
Review of Thai Mee Up

Thai Mee Up
Ranked #6 of 161 Restaurants in Kahului
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

One of my favourite things to do when I travel is to find great local food spots, and in the collection of food trucks that can be found in a nondescript parking lot near Costco in Kahului on Maui’s North Shore there are some gems!!!
All of these food trucks turn out absolutely delicious food but my personal favourite(just edging out the “Like Poke?” Truck) is the Thai food truck, “Thai Mee Up”.
I have never had a bad meal from these guys. Everything I have ever eaten here over the last few years has been delicious. The helpings are very generous and a main serving could easily be two meals for many people. Prices are very reasonable. The pork ribs for example are one of the more expensive dishes at $12USD.
My favourite dishes are the fried pork ribs, lemongrass chicken, chicken pad Thai and cashew chicken.
The vibe of the area is very relaxed with a mix of locals and tourists all sharing the undercover, common bench seating in the central courtyard area formed by the various trucks around the perimeter. Highly recommended for lunch if you are in the Kahului/Paia area.

1  Thank Kieran O

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

My wife had the ribs with papaya salad and rice. She thought they were tangy, tasty and ample. I had the green chicken curry with Jasmine rice. Fantastic flavours, abundant fresh vegetables and spices with grilled chicken pieces. So very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

The flavor is delicious!! We found this food truck after arriving and on our way to Costco.
It's not well marked. it's across the street, kitty corner from Costco. Worth the hunt!!

Hubby had the Thai fried ribs--so yummy!! He typically will only eat BBQ ribs, but he loved these.

I had the pad thai rice. Loved all the flavor!!

If we wouldn't have had to deal with the westside traffic (where we stayed), we definitely would have been back.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing flavours! Had the Panang chicken curry and Pad Thai. Both were some of the best I've ever eaten let alone from a food truck and they had a good quantity of high quality chicken breast. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 12 April 2018

If you are over in Kahului, make sure you stop here because they had a good selection of yummy good. Check to make sure they are open first.