“A practical choice for overnight” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Maui Beach Hotel

Maui Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Kahului
California
“A practical choice for overnight”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Clean, comfortable, convenient. Not a destination in itself, but near the airport and everything you need to buy before heading out to where you really want to go; try it if you're flying in late, or flying out early. It does have an attractive courtyard and sandy/rocky strip of beach that's nice enough for a stroll, watching the sunrise light up the West Maui Mountains and big ships come into Kahului Harbor as canoes paddle out.

The staff were courteous and helpful, but didn't tell us that if you want free breakfast you have to get a ticket when you check in. The room was fairly small, and the pool hours very limited (9-5). Internet access in the room and the lobby was pathetically slow; the wireless connection was actually better when I took my laptop out to the edge of the grass overlooking the water. I'd stay here again if my priorities were price, convenience, privacy and a good night's sleep.

Room Tip: Our room faced the attractive inner courtyard, and a few rooms have a view of the harbor. Any other...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Tamarindo, Costa Rica
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed here for one night and that was enough. It came with a package deal included with the flight. Big mistake! The morning breakfast was utterly repulsive, the room was so stuffy and uncomfortable. Just like a motel but worse! The staff not exactly friendly, the location horrible. Where is the beach? This location primarily served as a landing spot from the airport but I wouldn't bother staying here, it completely ruins the Maui experience. Pay the extra bucks and explore other parts of the island like Lahaina, Paia, and Wailea.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JuneBug83

Travellers are raving about these Kahului hotels

Lethbridge, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

The room was an adequate size and clean and we were there for the last 5 nights of our vacation. Next time we'd only stay for a night or two. They do not provide coffee machines in the rooms...what's that about. If I'd known that I'd have bought a cheap coffeemaker at Walmart...would have cost me less. I wake up very early (o.k. that's my problem) but to have to wait until 6:30 to get a coffee and pay $1.50 seems pretty ridiculous. I've only experienced that in Vegas where they want you to go to the casino. Coffee was included with the breakfast but I had to wait until my friend wanted to go for breakfast or pay. The breakfast we included in our room rate was good but the Friday/Saturday night buffet was overpriced. You also get charged for using the telephone even if you are calling a 1-800 number. For food cross over to the Mall and try the food court or better yet go to Casanova's across from the Maui Seaside. Make a reservation as it seems to be very popular. Great Italian food, onion soup is spectacular and $5.00 for a carafe of Marguerita during happy hour.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sandra M
Spokane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

We felt like we really got lucky with this hotel. The breakfast that was included was actually good. Lots of fresh papaya and pineapple. There was always bacon and some kind of sausage (german, or links or country - we saw them all!), scrambled eggs and wheat or white toast. They had cereal and juices. They even had waffles ... toaster waffles, but still ...

The pool was attached to the restaurant, which I always find a little odd, but since we didn't use it, it was not relevant.

We didn't rent a car so it was Very Convenient to have the bus hub at Queen Ka'ahumanu Center across the street. It would be nice to have a pedestrian entrance on that end, but it was only a minor inconvenience to walk to the driveway. The free shuttle to the airport was also a huge plus.

It's clean and they even fulfilled a few special requests ... an extra towel in the shower for one. I appreciated that they remembered it every day! Our room overlooked the lawn and gazebo and since we were on the end, we even got a bit of a water view.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank KarynSpokane
Soldotna, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I didn't have very good expectations going in, due to the reviews. Stayed a couple of nights waiting for our condo in kihei to be ready. Hotel is old and needs a little updating. The pool was much better than I expected. It is situated where it gets sun all day. Lots of restaurants, whole foods, a mall and a movie theatre all a very short walk. Staff was friendly. I don't think I would stay there my whole vacation, but a great deal for a couple of days.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimwack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kahului
0.3 km away
Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
#29 of 31 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK