“Better than expected.”
Review of Fernandos

Fernandos
Ranked #36 of 151 Restaurants in Kahului
Reviewed 3 October 2017

It was getting late and we were running out of food ideas. We had been touring all day and didn't want fast food. We came across Fernandos and it had a good traffic flow so we thought, what the heck.

Upon entering, the atmosphere felt like almost any mexican style restaurant. We usually sit in booth's but their booth's had an unusual wooden piece that prevented those with mobility issues from sitting in them easily.

Once we ordered our food, it took a while to actually get it but the attentiveness of the waitress more than made up for it. My husband had ordered a burrito and I had ordered the steak tacos. The flavor blew us away, not in a spicy way but just in a full of flavor way. We were more than pleasantly surprised.

We would both highly recommend Fernando's for anyone looking for flavorful mexican food.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

I live part of the year in Maui and the other part in Texas...so being that I am 3rd generation Texan, I know my Mexican Food. I know it so well, that I can tell what regions of the border that different TexMex is from...and that also tells me that most Mexican food west of El Paso is not worth it's weight in frijoles. Surprise! Fernando's does a GREAT job for those craving true TexMex in Hawaii. True that there are certainly places in Texas, most notably San Antonio, Austin and Houston, that there are Mexican restaurants that are world-class and can't be touched by "outsiders", but Fernando's food tastes as if it came right out of downtown Austin. Great sauces and great enchiladas smothered in the chile gravy they serve, topped with nice fresh diced white onion. A real delight way out in the middle of the Pacific...and especially in a food court!! Good job! It's one of my favorite places for lunch when in town...

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Thank you Fernando for another great meal. The enchiladas we're outstanding
The shredded beef was done to perfection. I especially like the guacamole and chips. We'll be back soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

The service was delightful and the food good. You ARE eating in a food court. But for a quick supper and good good do it!

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Fernando's at Maui Marketplace is a family favorite. We love all the food but the steak fajitas are a favorite. My husband thinks is enchilada sauce is one of the best he's had. Fernando has the touch to serve authentic Mexican food at reasonable Maui prices. Want something more upscale try Fernando's in the Queen Kaahumanu center. Fernando's lovely wife manages this location.