“Some good dishes, some average”

Dragon Dragon Chinese Restaurant
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 12
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 May 2013

My uncle took us here for dinner, it's a place where he said he's been for work-related get togethers and retirement parties.

On his recommendation, we ordered the honey walnut prawns. They were really delicious. We also ordered the mu-shu vegetable with tofu. The veggie combination was so delicious I didn't even resort to using the plum sauce or the wrap.

But our other two dishes were average. One was chicken with vegetables. The other was cake noodles with chicken. The cake noodles weren't very flavorful.

But the object of our visit was not to have the ultimate foodie experience. It was to spend time with my uncle, which was accomplished!

On a side note for those with families, we asked for a high chair and we got a very retro old-looking high chair with an aluminum tray, instead of the wooden ones with the plastic quick-release buckles that are pretty much the norm these days.

Reviewed 25 April 2013 via mobile

Fast service and great food and great prices. Nice place to entertain guest.
Would highly recommend friends and clients.

1  Thank Awelua
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We planned a dinner party for 30 friends & family. We were able to preorder our dinner days before and asked for no MSG which they did. Has to ask the waiter to take drink orders as we were celebrating a birthday.The soup was not tasty, and lacked salt. I know it was a busy nite at the restaurant, but it took a long time for all the courses to come out. Had the noddle dish late in the meal and canceled the the last order. Had to ask the waiter to clear plates as we were serving the birthday cake. Had to ask for more hot tea and ice water. But at the end they were in a rush to clean up when people were leaving. That was the only time to waiters worked fast.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I am a local Maui resident, born and raised. I've only eaten at Dragon Dragon a hand full of times. Dining area is clean. Place was busy. Staff friendly. Food is delicious. But, at my last dining visit, four of my family members (including myself) had gastroenteritis. We don't live together, shared that one meal together, and found out days later that we had all been very sick. We weren't sitting next to each other and that was our last meal before getting sick.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went on our way to the airport, the food came out fairly quickly and was enjoyable. Our server was not very helpful when we had questions about the menu, however he was very helpful about everything else. The bring out Jasmine tea at the start of the meal and it's absolutely delicious!
If you are craving Chinese food on Maui, I'd visit this place.