“Pretty decent Chinese cuisine”

Siu's Chinese Kitchen
Ranked #122 of 163 Restaurants in Kahului
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 23 June 2015

Siu's has been in the Maui Mall for a long time. I never patronized this place much until I found that they have the best cake noodles on the rock. On top of that, they also serve a variety of hot selections. Unfortunately, Maui's Chinese restaurants are very few and far between.

ATMOSPHERE:
Open-air, total hole in the wall, small space with a few tables.

MENU:
They offer a variety of Chinese selections Panda Express-style, as well as made to order dishes.

FOOD:
House Cake Noodle - My fave dish here and the best on the rock. The noodles are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The gravy has a good savory flavor and is full of veggies and chicken.

Chow Mein - Pretty good with a very mild flavor. Great as a main meal or side dish with other foods in the hot trays.

Gau Gee Mein - Clear veggie-tasting broth, won tun with pork stuffing, thin noodles topped with won bok & char siu. The temp of the dish was hot but not searing unfortunately.

Roast Duck - Succulent, tender meat and delicious skin. Yum.

SERVICE:
The staff are generally friendly and the service is quick.

OVERALL:
The best cake noodles on Maui and a damn good roast duck.

Reviewed 21 April 2015 via mobile

My family and I go to Siu's whenever we're hungry for roast duck. The skin is crispy and the meat juicy. The fried rice or chow mein is always a good addition too.

Reviewed 21 September 2014

this a great place to eat at a very reasonable price....but dont get the fast food regulars......they have the best duck in town....also the best roast pork and char siu......the gau gee min is also very good......i have gone for more than 15yrs .....the owners are nice but not many smiles and the kids not the happiest since they have worked there since they were very little....but it is great place....they are hard working family with a small business....the ones that say the food is not good dont know good chinese food........better they go to panda express...for slop.....

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Flat out, I just need to say that the food at Siu’s was not good. My wife and I were at Maui Mall, were both hungry, and saw that Siu’s was full. We took it as a good sign and decided to get a quick lunch there.

We decided to just share a plate for $8. Got chow mein, fried rice, eggplant, and sweet and sour pork. Everything tasted really oily, bland, and the pork was just really fatty and rubbery. My wife and I didn’t say a word about what we were eating until I said, “I’m done eating that really subpar Chinese food.” And then her response was, “IT WAS REALLY SUBPAR!” For the rest of our weekend trip to Maui we would say stuff like, “This is waaay better than that subpar Chinese” or “Make sure you pick somewhere that is not subpar like that Chinese food.”

I don’t usually write reviews this rough but this food was bad.

Reviewed 24 January 2013

I have lived here for over 10 years actually more and have been a regular patron. You guys never greet us. Never even smile. Every chance you get you are in the corner table. Eating when you should be behind the counters working. Food is the same ole same ole. When we call to order please do not hang up. I do like your noodles, cold ginger chicken and the won ton. But it makes me swell up. But I eat it anyways. You got competition. A new restaurant just opened up next to you. GOOD LUCK

1  Thank intheraw

Been to Siu's Chinese Kitchen? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK