“Great shaved ice”

Ululani's Hawaiian Shave Ice
Ranked #1 of 10 Dessert in Kahului
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 8
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: All Shave Ice is Not Created Equal... We specialize in and are passionate about serving the BEST shave ice! Now open for 5 years, we have rapidly become recognized as the top shave ice shop in Maui and one of the top 3 shave ice shops in ALL of Hawaii! We are known for the softest ice (comparable to Waiola's on Oahu), the best tasting flavors (we make 100% of our flavors using premium fruit purees, fresh fruits (when available), extracts, and concentrates from Hawaii and all across the United States), and warm friendly service with true ALOHA spirit! We specialize in our tropical fruit flavors. Our mango, coconut, pineapple, lilikoi (passion fruit), and guava taste like biting into the fresh fruit itself. From the filtered water to the premium gourmet Roselani's Ice Cream to the homemade mochi and azuki add-ons, we have thought through every detail of the shave ice to provide the BEST tasting shave ice possible! Get rid of any preconceived notions of what a shave ice or snow cone is like.....this takes shave ice beyond the highest level imaginable!
Reviewed 24 May 2018

Popular Maui shaved ice chain, but for good reason! Great toppings, especially the condensed milk, and large selection of flavors!

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised that it’s expensive....but I was. Especially since it didn’t come with enough syrup. The ice cream on the bottom was the best part. Second time around I did ask for more syrup and it was given, but then it was wayyyy too much. Beggars can’t be choosers, I suppose. That being said, would I come again? Yes. It’s the experience that matters.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great flavors that were more varied and authentic than others we tried (Surf Monkey) morning. We tried lime, pink lemonade and strawberry and all were quite tasty.
My husband tried the vegan ice cream and was impressed.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

I never had shave ice so I cannot compare it to anything else but it but the spot. I had the Haleakala special. I love coconut so I thought it was dreamy. My friends had the Mau i sunset and loved it. another friend had macadamia nut ice cream with coffee and chocolate syrup and she didn't really like that (she chose her own syrups). The server was helpful with suggest option for us

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Told they were open at this site.
Showed up during posted business hours.
They decided to make up a new holiday, and were shuttered. Sign in window "closed" - yeah I figured that out myself.

Do not go to this location unless you call first to confirm they are going to show up (and still may still want to cross your fingers).