5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$386
Priceline$386
Traveluro$338
1,373 results
All reviews close to the airport island cuisine minutes from the airport short stay small beach nice pool road to hana laundry room maui grounds lahaina costco beaches
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2021 via mobile

This hotel is a Hidden Gem on Maui Harbor. Newly renovated with no expense spared. Gorgeous landscaping, friendly staff, immaculate rooms, sparkling pool, plenty of outdoor nooks to enjoy a drink or read a book and great central location. How the Maui experience used to be back in the day. Love this spot and will book here again.

Room tip: Location is central, but best to Rent a car
Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bill Rees, General Manager at Maui Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2021

Aloha Lisa B:

Mahalo for staying with us and for your review. Thank you, too, for your kind words for the Maui Seaside team! We're pleased you enjoyed our low-key, old Maui ambiance.

While our public areas have been renovated, we are working on plans for the rooms and we hope you will come back to see us again soon.

A Hui Hou!

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

Pretty great hotel. Close to the airport, movie theater, whole foods and a small beach. There aren't many good restaurants near here but it's not bad either. AC is small compared to the room so not much cooling. Hotel rooms pretty with nice lounge views but the beach is not easily visible or accessible. Overall I recommend this hotel for a reasonable price.

Room tip: This hotel is fine for small beach but if you want a large beach you need a bigger hotel
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Bill Rees, General Manager at Maui Seaside Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2021

Thank you for staying with us, Nezuko K! We're happy to read you appreciated our small property's central Maui location. The beach is accessible through the pool area. Next time you stay with us, we'd be happy to provide some restaurant recommendations; we look forward to seeing you again soon. A Hui Hou!

Reviewed 24 August 2021

I almost hate to write a review for this place because I want to keep the place a secret. I stumbled on it while staying at a neighboring property. I was really taken aback because although the two properties were similar in price point, I was mad bc I should have reserved this hotel. I saw the manager, Bill, that day and made a point to tell him how gorgeous the property was, and that I would be back.

The next day, I checked in. Fe at the front desk was a godsend. I had had a terrible experience with a different hotel, and the Uber drivers and was just exasperated. Ironically, they did me a favor. I ended up paying a fraction of the price by staying at Maui Seaside......and honest to god, every day felt like I was in a 5+ star resort.

Beyond the friendly and accommodating staff, the property itself was recently renovated. The rooms were clean, well-equipped and I felt very safe, especially as I was traveling alone. The pool area was just gorgeous....and immaculate. Cleaning was literally going on all day! There was also a laundry room with brand new machines which made life much easier since I was traveling for a bit.

They have a restaurant on property. Lunch and breakfast. Nothing fancy, but delicious and consistent....and the staff again made you feel like a superstar.

The surrounding area is great, as well. In addition to being like 10? minutes from the airport......there is an Italian restaurant across the street...with an amazing happy hour. Food was delicious. There is a mall that is maybe a 5? min walk. There, there is a Mexican restaurant. Again, another fantastic happy hour. Lots of locals, too, which made it great.

There is an open market on certain days in the mall. Fresh fruit, vegetables, seafood. So nice. There is also a swap meet that's maybe a 15? min walk on the weekends. All local vendors. Huge, but well maintained...even in Covid.

There is also an area with food trucks nearby. I had heard about it, but didn't go. I saw them when I was on my way home!

GREAT EXPERIENCE! I truly feel that had I been to a "resort", I would have never had the experience in Maui that I did with Maui Seaside. Please don't overlook them. PHENOMENAL all the way around.

Date of stay: August 2021

Aloha lisarup74:

We are humbled by your kind words. Mahalo for staying with us; we are pleased to read how you enjoyed your visit with us and all of your Kahului experiences.

Thank you for calling out Fe's hospitality; she is always happy to share her Aloha.

Thank you, too, for your kind words for Tante's restaurant; I have shared your remarks with the owner.

Let us know when you're coming back - we hope to see you again soon.

A Hui Hou!

Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

We loved the Maui seaside, a little quirky but we will be back before Christmas!
Enjoyed all the good conversations and food recommendations. Especially the Thai place up in Haiku farms. The lobby area was relaxing at sunset to get my work emails done too.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and appreciated the property and how well kept it is. The staff was excellent and were very welcoming. Our room was very convenient and had a beautiful view of the courtyard. They don’t offer daily room service only upon request which was fine for me. I enjoyed talking with the front desk ladies daily and they gave excellent advise and recommendations on things to do around the island. There is usually only one girl at the desk doing everything on her own which had me amazed to see how efficient they worked. I was pulled back when I witnessed a gentlemen scold an employee for coughing because she had an itch in her throat and he informed her to get some water because her coughing was very disruptive to the guest. I was shocked and wanted speak up for them especially when i noticed that these ladies seemed very intimidated!!! I did not feel she was being disruptive at all but what I did find disruptive was this gentleman embarrassing this lady in front of other guest and myself. We’re all humans, why was she not allowed to cough? He then complained to these ladies about other things in the lobby not working properly all while they are extremely busy checking guest in and answering the telephone that was ringing off the hook. I later learned that this gentleman was the one of the OWNERS and his name was Paul. I felt extremely terrible for these wonderful front desk ladies who have been nothing but amazing through out my stay. I hope he sees this review and takes it as a lesson to learn how to be professional about certain matters. Very dissatisfied in the ownership and how the employee were treated. Overall the customer service from the employees were amazing from front desk to housekeeping to the over night security.

Date of stay: June 2021