10 people are viewing this hotel
$328
$315
Free cancellation until 28/05/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
$328
Travelocity$328
Priceline$345
ZenHotels.com$462
1,413 results
All reviews close to the airport island cuisine minutes from the airport short stay convenient location small beach nice pool on site restaurant laundry room west side bit dated maui grounds ocean lahaina costco haleakala
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 March 2021

We had to check out of our condo early and figured we’d stay in Kahalui for a few hours before we got on our plane later that evening. The front desk check in people were very nice and accommodating, gave us our room, directed us to where it was and we happily went to find it. We drove to the side entrance of the complex and there were a number of people( I don’t know if they were homeless or what) hanging around...not cool, didn’t feel safe at all. So we walked up to our room, opened the door and the room smelled like moldy feet. Oh, boy. The beds looked clean, the bathroom was clean but the place did not feel safe at all. The A/C worked, the lamp shade was stained like someone peed on it....Got changed, went and moved the car to the front of the resort because we were afraid it was going to get broken into...then, went to go to the beach, which is located at the back of the hotel, well, there was no beach, just big rocks and some garbage/ debris all over. Nope. Went up to the rooftop pool, that was fine, clean, plenty of chairs. Went back to the room a few hours later, people screaming and running up and down the halls, no security....took a shower and left.

Room tip: Only stayed in one and that was enough.
6  Thank SerenityNow2
Reviewed 27 March 2021 via mobile

Visited the hotel for my granddaughters 5th birthday.
Was pleasantly surprised at all the renovations to the property. Front desk area was inviting and easily accessed. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Kylie took very good care of us. Pool area is so beautiful. Simple yet very inviting. I especially enjoy sitting on the lounge chairs in the water. Great idea!
Railings and walkways were all updated. Love the forestry look of the railings. Nice!

Our room was a family room with three beds, and mini refrigerator. Always very clean and perfect for a family with children.
To my surprise the self washer and dryers were all updated and electronically operated.

Everything said our stay was perfect.
Very impressed with all the improvements at this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kepola50
Reviewed 23 March 2021

My husband and I recently went to Maui in order to help our family in Haiku who were affected by the recent rains and floods. We stayed at the Maui Seaside Hotel in Kahului and were pleasantly surprised by all the current upgrades they've done. I was a bit hesitant at first when I saw a few pictures with the words "work in progress" but it was all great! The lobby, pool and deck looked fantastic! Our room was on the 3rd floor and away from the pool but it was very large and overlooked the harbor. It was very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable and the AC was nice and cold. All the staff members were so kind and friendly they made us feel right at home. Definitely coming back to Maui Seaside Hotel soon!!

1  Thank teehanee
Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Incredibly expensive for what it offers, which is basically a clean room in a decrepit building (see photos). Once you get past the pool area, which is nicely manicured, then you’ll see how poorly the buildings are being cared for. I’ve stayed in many hotels around the world but this was the first time I was scared. Even my Uber driver from the airport alerted me!
Cold welcome from reception guy. First room the tv did not work so I was given a room across the hall. Both rooms smelled of intense mold. Rooms are large but sparsely furnished with old, cheap furniture. The saving grace was that it was clean, which is really important. That’s the only reason I gave a ‘poor’ rating instead of ‘terrible’. Good shower but bring your own toiletries (poor quality). It was quiet but maybe because there weren’t a lot of guests because of the pandemic or because they were smarter than I not to stay there. Reception holds a deposit in your credit card that’s given back only 10 days after you check out. First, why the hold? Incidentals, what incidental expenses could anyone have in this place? Second, why not be honest and take the deposit off the credit card upon checking out? Not good at all, smells fishy.
Restaurant next door is good, though.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank PatoColumbus
Reviewed 17 January 2021 via mobile

My wife and I visited Maui this past February before the pandemic hit the Islands. I chose the Maui Seaside because it had reasonable rates, was in a good location and had decent reviews and ranking on TripAdvisor. Their rates were much better than the hotels in Wailea or the Airbnbs on Maui. Maui Seaside is a little dated but it was clean and comfortable. It is on the water of the Kahului harbor and adjacent to Tante’s Island Cuisine, a good restaurant. Our room had a kitchen, so we bought pastries and fruit and berries for breakfast and brought poke back to the room one evening for dinner. Maui Seaside met our needs on this trip.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Razorfish