“UNFORGETTABLE” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Awapuhi Adventures

Awapuhi Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide customized private tours on Maui for the individual, couple, family and friends. We accommodate all levels of fitness and experience from non-swimmers to triathletes. There is something for everyone on Maui and we make it a priority to make sure you experience everything you want. We know you have several choices when it comes to planning activities on Maui. BOOK WITH US TODAY and get away from the crowds, go at your pace, connect with your friends and family while exploring Maui from mauka (mountains) to makai (ocean), learning about Hawaiian and natural history, and most importantly, having a lot of fun!
Virginia
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“UNFORGETTABLE”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

Road to Hana tour as ALicia for a guide is just as exciting and informative.YOu get to know the history and off the beaten path palces that are hidden gems along the way.
We had a flat along the way and of course there aren't any tools on board, Alicia had to flag down locals to help us.
Lunch at the beach place is just relaxing.
Worth all the $$$.

Visited April 2011
1 Thank PURPLEYAMS
Alicia5240, Owner at Awapuhi Adventures, responded to this review, 25 May 2011
Aloha ladies! Thank you so much for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your day out with me. I am so sorry we had that flat tire...we got lucky. I thought I had the tools necessary to fix it (lug wrench, particularly for the wheel locks). I did have the keys for the locks and the jack and the spare tire. And, the following day I bought a new lug wrench and jack since the guys broke mine.

Hope you are well! Give me a call if you return to Maui! Aloha!

Alicia
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“What a Fantastic Day!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2011

My husband and I traveled to Maui with our two children, ages 12 and 14. Because we traveled around Christmas, I made our itinerary well ahead of time. I just happened to stumble on Awapuhi Adventures here on TripAdvisor and am so glad I did. This was, by far, the best thing we did in Maui. Alicia is a smart and knowledgeable guide. She took us to places we never would have found on our own. She fed us a fabulous lunch and afterwards got to swim with wild dolphins. My kids had a blast. Do yourself a favor and book her for a day - you will not be disappointed!

Visited December 2010
2 Thank doctordonna0303
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best way to explore the Island!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2011

My husband and I booked a full day tour with Alicia to tour Hana. Alicia by far exceeded our expectations! The highlight of our trip was a swim in a waterfall! Alicia is so friendly and has a wealth of knowledge about the island. With Alicia you get a customized tour, exploring hard to find or little-known areas. Our day with Alicia was spent exploring hidden beaches, lava caves and bamboo forests, including a stop at a great road-side ice cream hut (the curry pineapple ice cream was fantastic!) Our trip with Alicia was the best! It was like spending a day with an old friend. We can't say enough about our tour with Alicia, she takes you places you would never find on your own. We even got to eat a wild coffee bean growning on the roadside! The lunch she prepared for us was fantastic! Alicia is super friendly, smart and a fantastic guide. If you are looking for a once-in-a-lifetime tour, Alicia is your guide. You will have the best time and maybe even get to swim in a waterfall!

Visited January 2011
Akron, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2011

My husband and I went to Maui for our honeymoon and one of our gifts from his family was this tour. I have to say it was the best gift ever!
It was about our third day into our honeymoon when we went out with Alicia. We spent the whole day with her and toured the whole Northwestern part of the island. She was very knowledgeable about the island, it's history, all the plants and animals; it was great to learn so much! She took us to parts of the island where you would never have thought to have even looked twice at, but they turned out to be the most fun. We went swimming underneath waterfalls, jumped in to fresh water pools,climbed banyan trees hiked to the ocean, ate strawberry guavas ( my very favorite!!!), ate lunch by the water, climbed ocean rocks, met locals and snorkeled at what was just like our own private beach! We saw every kind of fish imaginable and even say sea turtles.
Out of our 2 week stay in Hawaii this had to be the best and most adventurous thing we did. Everything else we did, we compared to this one amazing day we had. It is definitely worth doing and if we ever go back I hope that we have a chance to tour again with Alicia.

Visited September 2010
1 Thank scg712
Dallas, TX
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most amazing exploration adventure ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2011

Two of us went on an all day Road to Hana adventure with our tour guide Alicia. The day was filled with knowledge, information, excitement, discovery, and most importantly - fun! The day was well planned out, well executed, and gave us a full day of exposure to one of Maui's greatest treasures and tourist attractions - the Road to Hana.

Visited January 2011