“Superlative!”

Tin Roof
Ranked #3 of 166 Restaurants in Kahului
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

We are huge fans of Top Chef and specifically huge fans of Sheldon, owner and chef of this small establishment. It's a lunch time eatery, not much seating but oh my! So, so so delicious!!! My husband had the twice fried chicken and it was a touch of heaven! Not greasy in the least, so crisp, so flavorful, I wanna know how to do that!! I had the poke bowl. The salmon was melt in your mouth fresh and delicious and Sheldon's house made seasoning is out of this world! It's always a good sign when locals inundate an establishment. It's very busy, we suggest you order online and go in to pick up. Or get there as soon as it opens! It's not open long but oh so worth it!!

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Spicy chicken sandwich packs some serious flavor. Local food at a great price. However, short lunch hours means you gotta be prepared to wait. Or better yet call ahead and order take out as it is a very small place and always packed! (and don't forget an extra spicy chicken sandwich you won't regret it!)

Reviewed 19 May 2017

Food was good but service was awful! We waited at least 25 minutes for food then one of our party never got his food until we were all finished. Then never came for dessert, which we brought a pie for the birthday boy, never got served with that and we had to chase someone down for the dessert menu. The service needs improvement before I would go back.

Reviewed 18 May 2017 via mobile

Chopped steak was awesome. Wife said the mochiko chicken was good also. Another person had the spicy chicken sandwich and said it was good. Only complaint would be their short operating hours so make sure you get there before they close. I would most definitely come back to this place.

Reviewed 14 May 2017 via mobile

Tin Roof is the epitome of a local place that serves great food. They're only open from 10am to 2pm and they only prepare a certain amount of each dish...when it's gone it's gone. I had the pork and peas. It was excellent. My wife had the beet box appetizer and loved it. The food is fresh, made daily. Check out the menu and order ahead of time so it's ready to pick up. The line when we arrived at 11:45 was about 10 people. It it moved quickly. There is a small counter for seating by the window but it only has 4 or 5 chairs. Everything is "to go".