Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast
Sprecks Plantation House(Spreckelsville)
Hale Ho'omana(Makawao)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsyogurtb bold hawaiiother guestsroad to hanahawaiian hometripadvisor reviewshot breakfastwonderful stayold charmminutes from the airporthawaiian historyearly risersspacious common areasfamily styleroad noisegreat base to explore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I have stayed with Sandy previously while attending a workshop at the Studio Maui. It was such an incredible experience; both my stay at the Inn with its wonderful Hawaiian feel and being in Haiku, with a total local flare. I felt such since of Aloha here, that I decided on my next return to Maui it would be the perfect location to bring my fiance for a first visit. Ahhh it was just wonderful yet again. Our room was the Haiku suite and we slept so well we nearly missed breakfast each day. The comfy sheets, perfect bed and lovely air flow made it hard to get up! Breakfast was always a treat and a bit different daily with fresh fruits, yogurt parfaits, locally made sweet treats and we even had a healthy version of a fruit smoothie one morning. My fiance was more than pleased with my suggestion of this Inn, especially after we sat in the hot tub under the stars while drinking a mai tai. I can't say thank you enough again to Sandy for her hospitality, advice, and spirit of Aloha. We look forward to returning again soon on our honeymoon!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank H20polochick
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Once again we were drawn back to Maui to see the whales in February. And the Haiku Plantation Inn is our first (only) choice for a place to stay. This year Sandy was back with her big smile and welcoming ways. She is so helpful and will try to steer us in the direction that we want to go. She is very good at understanding what we want to experience while on Maui.
As always, our room (the Aloha room) was very comfortable and the fresh fruit breakfasts were great. Sandy even provided us with small nibbles for our mornings when we were gone before the official breakfast time. This is our home away from home (if we had a Hawaiian home) and Sandy feels like family.
The weather did not cooperate this year as much as we’d like, but an afternoon relaxing in the hot tub and an evening in the common area with a glass of wine and nice conversation with the other guests made everything look much better.
And as my husband said, “We’re on Maui….!” We plan to be back every year.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
MauiTravels, Owner at Haiku Plantation Inn: Maui Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2012

Mahalo, and as always it is truly a pleasure to see our returning guests. They truly are family to us. I just want to take a moment to thank everyone for being so wonderful to myself and my son and helping us to keep John's love of this fabulous property alive and well.

We love the property and are constantly making new improvements; including our beautiful Love Labyrinth. Our passion is to remain true to our form, that of traditional Aloha and the romance of "vintage" Hawaii. We are so moved and are so humbled by the care and thoughtfulness we have been so blessed to receive this past year from our old friends and those we have just met here as new guests.

Take care everyone and see you on Maui! A wonderful, magical and spectacularly beautiful isle: steeped in history, culture and the kindness of the Aloha Spirit.

A Hui Hou

Reviewed 9 February 2012

Three friends of mine and I recently stayed at the Haiku Plantation Inn for a dance retreat and extended vacation on Maui.We couldn't have chosen a more welcoming and lovely 'home' for our Maui adventures. One of my friends had stayed there on three other occasions and won't consider any other options when he visits the island. Sandy provides such a lovely experience as well as valuable information about Maui life! The room was very comfortable, with all amenities and the quietude was perfect for my 'light-sleeper' self. The prepared breakfasts are delicious and chocked full of fresh island fruits and juices. The perfect 'cap' was the jacuzzi under the stars after our long days at the dance retreat. You're sure to enjoy and I will be back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Time stopped for awhile. It was a short few days I would be on Maui; the first night was there at Haiku Plantation; the last night as well. Book ends to a unique trip, the uniqueness of Sandy's place seemed so fitting to it all. I loved the fresh fruit for breakfast, the grapefruit picked from the tree in the yard outside. The eclectic charm of the old building and the many unique island antiques and little wall treasures made me feel at home. A long ways from home, it didn't matter, I was home. Thanks Sandy, for coming out with your flashlight to make sure the taxi driver got me there, after all, after dark; thanks for helping me get a place in Pa'ia for the days you were booked up; thanks for the photo of the heart labyrinth just received. If you find the Haiku Plantation Inn, on your trip to Maui, consider yourself one of the fortunate ones.

Room Tip: Ask Sandy for the room options ... since your needs will be unique ... :-)
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I recently spent 12 nights at the Haiku Plantation Inn, and it was fantastic! Sandy is warm and welcoming. She provided me with a vegan breakfast, answered all of our questions about the best ways to see Maui, and taught us a lot about local life.

The Inn is tucked away in a beautiful garden setting far from the big resorts and groups of tourists. It was within walking distance to some cute places to eat, such as Veg Out, Maui Kombucha, and Colleens, but by far the best food was our Inn breakfasts, which included fruit picked fresh from the trees in the backyard. The Inn is a short drive or public bus ride (we used the bus throughout our stay and saved hundreds of dollars) away from Baldwin Beach (beautiful!), the town of Pa'ia, and it's on the drive to Hana. Getting to any of the other beaches or tourist spots in Maui is also easy.

If we ever visit Maui again, Haiku Plantation Inn will be our only choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Plumeria Suite. It was perfect!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple