Dreams Come True B & B
US$ 416
US$ 388
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 304
US$ 283
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Lanai(Lanai City)
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Me and my wife were on our honeymoon and we decided to stay in lanai for 3 days as we heard that the island was quiet and had a friendly community. We found dreams come true - the hosts michael and susan were very welcoming, not to mention their marvelous breakfast they prepared (homemade passion fruit juice and the tasty muffins) YUMMY. The property was very clean and well presented, nothing more I could of asked for. The beautiful beach of Hulopo'e bay is only a 10 minute journey away (if that) - it is rated within the top 10 beaches in the world, you can pick up the shuttle nearby. Overall a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank ryan b
Reviewed 1 July 2011

I took a spontaneous solo trip to Lanai, looking for R&R and seclusion. I received exactly what I was looking for! The property was nice, rooms were clean, and the breakfast was outstanding. The Innkeeper Michael was very interesting, gracious and baked a mean muffin -My only regret was that I couldn’t stay longer!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
9  Thank wfsix8
Reviewed 23 May 2011

We were charmed by the rustic nature of the house with its covered front porch and four-poster, canopied bed. Although it was Mike and Susan, the owners, who were the genuine charm of this place. Mike provided us with breakfast every morning and joined in engaging conversation and witty banter. The breakfast consisted of fresh papaya from the backyard, quava juice freshly squeezed, baked muffins, eggs from the chickens in the backyard, and fresh ground Hawaiian coffee. We were free to use the kitchen to prepare our own dinner. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank smith271828
Reviewed 31 January 2011

Here's my bias: Because I liked the Hosts so much I minimize the minuses and emphsize the positives. I enjoyed several short conversations with Michael and Susan. They are intelligent and delightful. The breakfasts were delicious and healthy. We arrived early in the day before standard check in time and checked out a litle late - no problem. Slept very well - good bed and quiet. Now there are four bedrooms, each with a new large, private bath that appears to be added on to the house. On the first night, we were the only ones occupying a room and it was dead quiet until morning when you could hear the birds through the open skylight. The second night there was someone in the adjacent room, and we could hear their conversation when they came in and then when the got up at 7 to go to work teaching at the school. If you've checked the reviews on the Lanai Hotel, there are lots of complaints about noise. We visited a friend at his Lanai home. Apparently, everything built by Castle and Cooke used the same type of construction, whether it is the Hotel Lanai, Dreams Come True, or my friend's house. All interior wall are 1" tounge and groove solid wood boards. They transmit sould very effectively. No sheetrock or plaster. I think you will get this construction wherever you go on Lanai unless you stay at the Four Seasons for 3-4X the price. That said, I would stay at Dreams Come True again in a heartbeat. First, you stand a good chance of having the place to yourself. Second, even if there is another occupant or two, it seems likely that they are going to be quieter than hotel full of people. Also you have backyard with table, chairs, barbecue and clothes line for beach things, along with very nice landscaping. There is a washer and dryer in the garage if you need it. I traveled without a laptop and used the B&B PC to check email. Michael said a wireless connection was available if I needed it. Finally, I should say that Lanai is worth a visit. It is different experience from Maui - it seemed a little less commercial and definitely less crowded. Seeing a dozen dolphins swim under me while snorkling was amazing. If you go, ask Susan about her experiences swimming with the dolphins.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Sabachka
Reviewed 14 October 2010

I was not sure what to expect, I had only learned about my mothers plans to visit Lanai a few days before. Hearing that it was a plantation home, I was expecting something big, old, impressive, with lots of wide open space surrounding. Not so much. Just a quaint, clean, sweet oasis after a long day of traveling. The Hunter family treated us with exceptional, genuine care; I am positive that the service at the Four Seasons wouldn't compare. My sleep that night was flawless, I awoke rested and rejuvenated and thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast and the company that came with it. My experience was exceptional and I would highly reccomend that you take the opportunity to visit Lanai and Dreams Come True!

• Stayed: October 2010