All reviews sports bar malibu farm golf course four seasons resort breakfast buffet ocean front high tech state of the art partial ocean view adult pool larry ellison private island every employee sweetheart rock lush gardens utv tour rescue birds
Reviewed 17 April 2018

We stayed at the resort from April 9-12 for our honeymoon. On the 11th, I ordered an acai bowl by the pool and specifically told the staff that I have a severe banana allergy and to be sure to use a clean knife to cut the berries. I guess the message was not relayed to the kitchen staff because guess what? As soon as the first spoonful touched my lips, I knew it was contaminated with banana. Luckily, I didn't ingest a lot because I found out that the hotel does not have any Epi-pens and the nearest doctor was 30-45min away. They also do not have anti-histamines available for their guests. Instead, the security staff told us to purchase anti-histamines from the hotel store. No, they did not reimburse us for the cost of the medicine even though it was their fault. The only thing they did was give me a bottle of water and said there's nothing they can do.

When I got back to my room, I had severe stomach cramps and spent the rest of the day hobbling back and forth from my bed to the toilet. I ordered clear broth from room service to soothe my stomach and they even tried to charge me $30 for clear chicken broth! Thankfully, the lady at the check-out counter waived this charge when we complained.

As you can imagine, this is not what I envisioned my honeymoon to be. Although this is a beautiful resort, they are ill equipped to deal with food allergies and medical emergencies.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jocelynh198
David A, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lanai, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear jocelynh198

Thank you very much reviewing your recent stay. I am very sorry to learn about how our team mishandled your dietary restrictions. The safety of our guests is our number one priority, and we have several processes in place to ensure allergies are properly noted. I have reviewed your experience at length with the team to ensure this does not happen again, and I have also sent you a private note, as I would appreciate an opportunity to make this right for you.

I look forward to hearing back from you and to welcoming you to Lana'i again soon.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We had an amazing family vacation. Incredible service, gorgeous property and views, pool was lovely, great beach, staff was warm and attentive. My whole family loved it and can’t wait to go back. A truly 5 star experience!!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear Sara B,

Thank you for your review! It is great to see that you found the experience to by 5-star and that our team did a great job taking care of you. Lana'i is a very special place for families as it offers something unique for everyone, yet there are plenty of opportunities to connect and spend time together. We hope you will make the trip back very soon.

Warm Aloha,

Reviewed 17 April 2018

our stay at the four seasons what incredible! if you want to go on your honeymoon to the most natural and secluded island of hawaii, come to lanai! the island is not touristy at all and you genuinely feel so special while you are there. the malibu farms restaruant was incredible and we ate there daily to enjoy everything from the fresh garden

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Masterstephcertified,

Mahalo nui loa for choosing to celebrate your honeymoon with us at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i. It was such a pleasure to have you with us. I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay and that our team made you both feel very special. On behalf of the entire ohana on Lana'i, we wish you a healthy and prosperous life as a married couple, and we can't wait to have you back on the island!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Everything exceeded our expectations. Loved the room, the food, the recreation and the setting. Breakfast was especially good with a buffet featuring Asian specialties including dim sum and a particularly delicious bulgogi rice bowl topped with a a sunny-side-up egg. Service was superb in all venues.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear jjjsss2018,

Thank you very much for your fantastic review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed everything about your stay, and I appreciate you highlighting the breakfast buffet at One Forty. It really is a wonderful offering!

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you to your Lana'i home again soon.

Warm Aloha,

Reviewed 15 April 2018

As an experience 4.0 tennis player, Ryan Winters had amazing tips for my game! He is professional as anyone I have ever worked with. I highly recommend booking sessions with him. He transformed my game at the net and was on point with his drills. I have had many lessons over the years, however, one thing for sure... he knows how to coach tennis and bring out the best in me! He is extremely positive and takes the game apart beyond hitting the tennis ball. I can't wait to go back to NJ and use the new tricks I learned from Ryan!
The Four Seasons is very lucky to have a pro with his expertise and winning spirit.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
David A, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lanai, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear coachkathymaguire,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with Ryan on Lana'i. He is really a phenomenal coach and we are lucky to have him on our team. We will be sure to recognize him for your kind words!

Until next time, Aloha!