Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele
US$ 205
US$ 474
US$ 376
  • Beachfront
Best Western Pioneer Inn(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$ 237
US$ 214
Hotel Lanai(Lanai City)
Kaanapali Alii(Lahaina)
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort(Lahaina)
  • Pool
All reviewslodge at koelegolf courseshuttle servicebest of both worldsplay golfbeautiful resortcroquetgamebaygroundshawaiiislandlanaiupcountryserenityhiketubs
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I have been to all of the Hawaiian Islands and Lanai is by far the best one! The Four Seasons Lodge and beachfront properties let you stay at one and play at both and they let you experience the very best. The Lodge is about 20 degrees cooler than the hotel at the beach so when you get to hot you move to the Lodge which is also closer to the town for shopping and more restaurants. No need to rent a car, the hotels shuttle service takes you everywhere you will want to go. I love love love these hotels.

Room Tip: I stayed in an upgraded larger room at the Lodge and enjoyed it.
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We had a wonderful stay. When we arrived, my son's name was spelled out in his crib - such a sweet touch! We were made to feel as if our stay was personalized to us the entire time. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Would totally reccomend getting a picnic basket from room service and having a picnic somewhere on the beautiful grounds. Had a great time and it was completely different from ANY other resort in Hawaii.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel709
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I returned to Koele for a week this Feb 2012. Once again all was very well. The service staff was excellent, greeting you by name each and every day. It is hard to believe how relaxed you will get on Lanai.

We met Tom the manager of the two resorts while there, he was very friendly and we had a nice discussion with him. We ate in the lobby and room service and at the bar this time. All food and drinks were excellent.

There was a single waitress that seemed distracted, she forgot my water even after I asked 3 times for it. Gave up on that. Also the weekday conceige/front desk had a single woman who was not helpful. Everyone else was. When checking in we explained we wanted to extend our stay by a day. She said the hotel was sold out, but would make a note and call us if anything opened. We told her we would pay for an upgraded room as well, and she said she noted that. The week passed and the we heard nothing. The night before we were originally scheduled to leave we looked online and there were 3 types of rooms - including ours available. ???? We went to the front desk and the staff there said nothing was noted on our account - but they quickly accommodated us. She was the only person that failed to live up to the Four Seasons standards, and the only staff that did not greet us during the week when we saw her walking in the hallways.

We stayed on the South Wing this time, it was a little more noisy than the North side (it is near the Golf Course). A sprinkler leaked one night in a stairway, and after we reported it was quickly taken care of.

All and all - a gem of a property. If that one woman at the desk had been up to par and done what she said she was doing I would give it all 5 stars. Stay here or Manele, you will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: North side seems quieter than the South side - Golf view rooms.
Reviewed 24 February 2012

WOW! What an experience going to Lanai was. We took the ferry from Maui to Lanai and upon arrival we were greeted with beautiful kekui nut leis and pointed to our shuttle ($47.50/person for the stay for unlimited use of the shuttles).

Upon arriving at the Lodge, we were seated in some comfortable chairs in the great room and given some delicious juice, and then presented with a document outlining our stay, prices, etc, that we had to sign and give a credit card. What a difference from standing in endless lines at other resorts! Since we were there early and my room wasn't ready yet, they offered me a deluxe room for $100 more for my stay. I took it, and I sure am glad that I did. I had the best view in the entire resort overlooking the beautiful reflecting pond. I also had an enormous lanai that was gorgeous and made walking out onto the beautiful grounds even easier. The bed was HEAVEN and there was a huge soaking tub in the bathroom.

The Lodge is really something special. I don't think there are many places like this in the world. The grounds are nearly ethereal. The bar in the main area has a great bar menu and on Fridays there is a 50% off happy our on all cocktails, which is a pretty good deal. Afternoon tea is a MUST! We ordered the traditional tea one afternoon and it was such a fun experience.

Both the Lodge and Manele go out of their way in the pool and beach areas. This is what makes these resorts really special in my opinion. At the pool, someone sets up your chairs for you with really comfy beach chair covers and towels, and then provides you with fresh infused fruit water. At Manele they also come around with free smoothies and cold towels as well as Evian spritzers. Need your umbrella adjusted? You don't even have to say the word -- they are there, making sure your shade is positioned perfectly.

We took the shuttle down to Manele Bay for the day to experience the beach. Beautiful place, although when we were there the waves were big and snorkeling was kind of scary -- my dad didn't try to go out which was a good thing. I did see a lot of big fish, but the waves were quite big. They set up beach chairs with towels and came by with smoothies and water regularly -- so great! At the Hilton you can pay $55 for towels and umbrellas -- this is all complimentary. Other than paying for the shuttle and daily internet, everything else was included in your stay, including snorkeling equipment. It was SO refreshing to not feel nickel and dimed like at other resorts.

The entire time, the staff was impeccable. I'm afraid that the Four Seasons has ruined me. I don't want to stay anywhere else! I forgot my bathing suit on the lanai of my room when I left and I called and they immediately went and found them, boxed them up and mailed them home for me.

It was great to be able to take the shuttle down to Manele Bay and experience that resort as well. But by the end of the day I was very glad to retreat to the Lodge, which is like its own unique paradise in the cooler mountains. Manele Bay is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but a beach resort is just a beach resort at the end of the day -- the Lodge is something really special and unique. It's about a 20-30 minute ride on the shuttle between the two.

We went into Lanai City (about a 2 minute ride from the Lodge) one evening for dinner and had a great dinner at Pele's. There are several grocery stores in town where you can get necessities as well. Otherwise, there really isn't much to do other than explore the grounds at the lodge, play their (complimentary) putting course or croquet, or go to Manele Bay -- and this is what also made Lanai so special. You can really RELAX. I was only there for 3 nights but wish I'd been able to stay a week!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Jessica G
LodgeatKoele, Resort Manager at Four Seasons Resort Lana'i, The Lodge at Koele, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2012

Aloha Jessica G,

Greetings from Lanai! Thank you for taking the time to share such a thoughtful and vivid account of your stay at the Resort. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay - from the luxurious and scenic accommodations to the elegant Afternoon Tea in the Great Hall. Also, as you noted, it's great that your family spent time at our sister property by the beach. All guests are able to utilize amenities at both properties which truly makes for an "island hop" experience without having to leave the island. Thank you again for visiting and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warmest aloha,

Alice Bouman
Resort Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Staff and facility were both very fulfilling and warm. Food was great, but could have had more selections and better priced. When considering renting the bikes, it was a deterrent that they could not be ridden on trails, thus we elected not to ride / rent. Would have been fun.

Mountain bikes with the ability to ride on trails as the scenery is truly majestic and would have been ideal.

Thanks!