Free cancellation until 28/07
US$ 328
US$ 296
  • Pool
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 357/night.

Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$ 631
US$ 514
Book now, pay at stay
US$ 483
US$ 468
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 607/night.

US$ 755
US$ 684
Hyatt.com
Free cancellation until 30/07
US$ 116
  • Restaurant
Kauai Palms Hotel(Lihue)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$ 120
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$ 193
US$ 174
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 203/night.

Garden Island Inn Hotel(Lihue)(Great Value!)
US$ 195
All reviewsold hawaiibedroom cottageblack sand beachsalt pondwest sideplantation cottagesbanyan treeslaid backishihara marketreal hawaiikokee state parkrocking chairsfull kitchenshrimp stationthree bedroombeautiful groundsroosters crowing
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I loved our stay at the Plantation cottages for one week in March 2012.

First, the lodge is a lovely, welcoming building. We stopped down almost every day to drink coffee in the morning or a delicious cocktail in the evening. We sat in rocking chairs facing the ocean, about one hundred yards away, and listened to the sounds of the forest. The amazing plants, trees, bushes and shrubs all about the grounds provided plenty of cover for various birds, which chirped and sang beautifully all day. We took many photos of the vegetation and are still amazed at the variety and uniqueness available just on this one resort.

Our cottage was quaint and well maintained. Wood floors throughout, except the bathroom, a comfortable bed, an old but functionable kitchen, a nice porch around back facing the garden. The bathroom was definitely a detractor, it was old as well, probably clean, but you couldn't really tell. Old linoleum on the floor and a stained bathtub gave the room a dirty feel.

We ate at the resaurant just about once each day. The ambience was fantastic. We ate outside with tables facing the mountain, in the evening torches were lit, and live music added to the romantic atmosphere. One night, there was a local band who were absolutely fantastic. I wish I could find their CD, they had some elderly gentlemen on ukele's, and the younger talent on steel guitars, and lead vocals who did something close to yodeling. Might sound different, boy did it work. The beer and wine was great, my wife drank more coconut cocktails in a week than in her entire life combined. She loved them. The entrees were OK, but nothing spectacular. The most memorable part of the meals tended to be the hors d'oeuvres and soup.

This not a luxury resort, however, one that feels authentic and very relaxed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank madskiier
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This charming place is so restful and restorative. I arose early every morning to sit on the lani, surrounded by a lush tropical garden overlooking the pacific, breathing in the fragrant air and enjoying the chorus of bird song. The goal every day, after our excursions around the island, was to get back to our cottage and enjoy the sunsets on our peaceful lani. This is not the destination for those who desire a modern upscale environment with lots of activities (crowds and chaos) on site. There are many resorts to choose from for this type of vacation. Mahalo to the friendly, welcoming staff. I am looking forward to returning there again and again.

Room Tip: Be specific about the number of beds you need. We needed to sleep three adults. Accommodations for three could be two queen beds, but we did not want to share a bed. We requested two twin beds and a queen. Our cottage had two bedrooms; one with a king size bed and the other with two twin beds. There was also a daybed in a sleeping porch off the master bedroom.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Once I saw this place, I never wanted to leave. I could go to sleep in my "own" little cottage, hearing the ocean. I could take my morning coffee to the ocean - in my pajamas - and have it all to myself. I had my "pet" rooster and his sweet family of 9 chicks; 2 "pet" frogs on my front lawn at night. No resort life; perfect sunsets; great weather, tropical drinks in the evening. I could live here. It's not perfect and if it were my property, I would use a little elbow grease and perfect it, and it's not for everyone. But in my whole life, I think it was the happiest place I have ever stayed!! And I have traveled a lot.

Room Tip: choose ones near the ocean or with an ocean view or in the beautiful forested area
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We could have "roosted" on the back porch all day and all night. Too bad this is in Kauai, so we had to get out and see the nearby "Grand Canyon of Hawaii," the old-time towns nearby, and (in case I forget), the Pacific Ocean at the edge of our yard!

If you want atmosphere, this is it! Our cottage felt like living in the early 20th Century, but with modern electricity and plumbing. If you want contemporary, fancy digs, this is not it. Get to the restaurant-bar early; the food is good and the traditional entertainment is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2012

Loved the old style cottages, very quaint but very comfortable. First think i saw every morning was the ocean right in front of my cottage!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family