Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing waterfall hike!

We e-mailed the company and received a response right away. We were able to set up a hike very... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2022
170leanneg
Wouldn't have done the hike without his knowledge and equipment

We so enjoyed learning about the canyon and Hawaiian history/culture from Patrick. He quickly... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2022
SLRTA

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $19.99
from $193.72
from $125.00
from $29.99
More Info
All reviews waimea canyon great guide his knowledge kauai trip natural beauty hiking shoes patrick pace island waterfall terrain adventure goals challenge stream
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Despite the fact that we started our hike in a drizzly rain, and ended it in the pouring rain, my husband and I really enjoyed our hike with Eric! Due to the weather, it was difficult to see the true beauty and grandeur of Waimea Canyon, but Eric made it a fun hike. He's professional, easy to talk to, and definitely has a passion for hiking and the island of Kauai. We'll hope for better weather next time we're in Kauai and hiking with Eric.

Date of experience: March 2011
2  Thank Karen_McB
Reviewed 6 March 2011

just back from Kauai. we hooked up with Eric (hike Kauai with me) on our last day. he took us into the canyon in the early morning hours. it was beautiful. we were the first ones in and didn't meet a soul. we even disturbed a wild boar! The hike was amazing. Eric is very informative but also very laid back. the pace was perfect. it was a wonderful day . one of the highlights of our trip. would recommend Eric to anyone looking to see parts of the island away from the crowds. thank you Eric. hope all is well with your new addition!!
Jackie and Dave

2  Thank jmkAlberta
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Our Waimea Cayon hike was definitely a highlight of our Kauai experience and Eric was INSTRUMENTAL to our enjoyment. He chose a trail that was perfect for us providing both breathtaking views and scenery on a trail that was physically well suited to us. He knew when, where & what was needed. We had the trail to ourselves and caught the best weather of the day....what more can you ask for? Oh, except for a handy guava wood walking stick and the inside track on the local scene! Thanks Eric! Michael and Alexandra, Victoria, BC Feb/2011

1  Thank michaelallan
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Eric is awesome. I emailed Eric several months before our trip to ask if he could put together a hike to accommodate me and my wife, my sister in-law and my mother in-law (72). Eric responded quickly, assuring me we would have a good time hiking in Waimea Canyon. His expertise in hiking and knowledge of the island was amazing. He graciously guided the four of us on a 3 mile hike through the beautiful canyon, over uneven and wet terrain. He took time to help us all negotiate the hilly terrain, while pausing as often as we needed to catch our breath. The hike was one of the highlights of our trip; it was an experience none of us will forget. Thank you Eric for sharing all of your stories, for educating us on Kauai, and for giving us with the memory of a lifetime.

2  Thank Turftony
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I came to Kauai with my son and his family on a spur of the moment visit. No one but me was up for hiking. What to do? Hike with Eric! I found his site on line. With some trepidation as a single woman hiker, and with much research, I emailed him. I am so glad I did. He responded very quickly and set up a wonderful hike despite the spur of the moment situation. I gave him my age (I am a grandmother), my hiking experience, and physical fitness level. He gave me the hike of a lifetime. We met at 7am and set out on a 5 mile hike of Waimea Canyon. We saw wild goats, birds and beautiful flora. We also met up with a very friendly boar hunter, his six dogs and his very young son. But, we never met up with tourists. Perfect! We saw so many beautiful vistas. The walking stick Eric provided was key! Use it. Wear sturdy clothes that you don't care about getting wet and muddy. Eric is so friendly and easy to talk to it wasn't at all awkward to hike with someone you just met. I had a ball, loved the challenge, and would definitely go hiking with Eric again.

2  Thank rainycitydoc