Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing waterfall hike!

We e-mailed the company and received a response right away. We were able to set up a hike very... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2022
170leanneg
Wouldn't have done the hike without his knowledge and equipment

We so enjoyed learning about the canyon and Hawaiian history/culture from Patrick. He quickly... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2022
SLRTA

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $19.99
from $193.72
from $125.00
from $29.99
More Info
All reviews waimea canyon great guide his knowledge kauai trip natural beauty hiking shoes patrick pace island waterfall terrain adventure goals challenge stream
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Eric is awesome. I emailed Eric several months before our trip to ask if he could put together a hike to accommodate me and my wife, my sister in-law and my mother in-law (72). Eric responded quickly, assuring me we would have a good time hiking in Waimea Canyon. His expertise in hiking and knowledge of the island was amazing. He graciously guided the four of us on a 3 mile hike through the beautiful canyon, over uneven and wet terrain. He took time to help us all negotiate the hilly terrain, while pausing as often as we needed to catch our breath. The hike was one of the highlights of our trip; it was an experience none of us will forget. Thank you Eric for sharing all of your stories, for educating us on Kauai, and for giving us with the memory of a lifetime.

2  Thank Turftony
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I came to Kauai with my son and his family on a spur of the moment visit. No one but me was up for hiking. What to do? Hike with Eric! I found his site on line. With some trepidation as a single woman hiker, and with much research, I emailed him. I am so glad I did. He responded very quickly and set up a wonderful hike despite the spur of the moment situation. I gave him my age (I am a grandmother), my hiking experience, and physical fitness level. He gave me the hike of a lifetime. We met at 7am and set out on a 5 mile hike of Waimea Canyon. We saw wild goats, birds and beautiful flora. We also met up with a very friendly boar hunter, his six dogs and his very young son. But, we never met up with tourists. Perfect! We saw so many beautiful vistas. The walking stick Eric provided was key! Use it. Wear sturdy clothes that you don't care about getting wet and muddy. Eric is so friendly and easy to talk to it wasn't at all awkward to hike with someone you just met. I had a ball, loved the challenge, and would definitely go hiking with Eric again.

2  Thank rainycitydoc
Reviewed 9 February 2011

This is our 7th trip to Kauai and our first hike in Waimea Canyon. After a lot of research and emails, we chose Eric.
Meeting at 7 am was no problem for us on our second day here, and we were at the trail head well before 8.
Eric took into consideration my fear of sharp dropoffs and there was always plenty of room to hike away from the edge. And we saw some wild goats - so cute.
Two waterfalls later and we were back at the trailhead in about 3 hours. Lots of climbing and descending but he kept to our pace and fitness level. We would do it again this trip but he is booked up for the entire time we are here! And his knowledge of Kauai history is amazing - we learned a lot that we'd never heard before.
Go early in the day if possible - we only saw 4 other people.
The sun through the trees and the silence is amazing. Thanks Eric for making one of our vacation days so memorable and best of luck in the future!!

2  Thank ilovekauai
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Just came back from our Hawaii vacation. We went out with Eric on two occassions. We had the time of our lives! Eric is knowledgeable, patient, and accomodating. We wanted to see places that you can't find on your own or in a "blue book". We wanted places that were visually stunning as well as challenging. Eric brought us to exactly the right places. There wasn't a second that went by that I didn't think "I can't believe I'm here" when I would look around and see no one else! What a perfect experience. Eric definitley passes on his love of the island to travellers and brings long his ability to adapt to all levels of fitness for this adventure. Would I go with him again? Absolutely!

Date of experience: January 2011
2  Thank SuZQ1109
Reviewed 17 January 2011

i talked to Eric about the various people on our trip > We discussed the fitness level and what we wanted to do.. We met Eric and we had an amazing hike.. The weather is most important so plan your hike around the weather (if possible) We had a beautiful clear sky with a warm Kauai Sun.. Eric reccomended we go early so we missed the crowds.( awesome) We had the trail almost to ourselves. We went to the Waimea Canyonj ( do not go to Kauai and miss this ) We hiked about 7 miles. The most beautiful views , awesome nature, a waterfall and an excellent guide. Go with Eric and Hike Kauai With Me. Wear good shoes with traction and bring water, a snack and suntan lotion. The experience is unforgettable.

Date of experience: December 2010