Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing waterfall hike!

We e-mailed the company and received a response right away. We were able to set up a hike very... read more

Reviewed 14 March 2022
170leanneg
Wouldn't have done the hike without his knowledge and equipment

We so enjoyed learning about the canyon and Hawaiian history/culture from Patrick. He quickly... read more

Reviewed 25 January 2022
SLRTA

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from $19.99
from $193.72
from $125.00
from $29.99
More Info
All reviews waimea canyon great guide his knowledge kauai trip natural beauty hiking shoes patrick pace island waterfall terrain adventure goals challenge stream
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 April 2011

On my 3rd trip to Kauai, my brother and I decided to hire a professional guide for some hiking excursions. Though we've done many hikes on the island, they paled in comparison to the Kalepa Ridge hike offered by Eric. This "off the beaten path" hike afforded us amazing views of the Na' Pali coast line from 4000 ft vistas. Along the way, Eric gave a history lesson of the island. He has earned life-long hiking clients as far as I'm concerned.

Date of experience: April 2011
3  Thank JeffSoltys
Reviewed 11 April 2011

My husband and I have hiked in Kauai on prior trips without a guide. We took our kids this time and decided it would be nice to have a guide so we wouldn't have to worry about what trails were safe for them. Eric took us into the Waimea Canyon, which have unspeakable views. His goal is to be the only people out there so you can really feel like you have the canyon to yourself. We saw mountain goats after we experienced a waterfall that we would have not found on our own. Eric shared not only a piece of Kauai, but a little part of himself. He has such a strong love for the island and is incredibly knowledgeable. Eric even followed up with me after our hike because I was curious about the farmer's markets. We would definitely hike with him again!

Date of experience: April 2011
3  Thank krazy4kauai
Reviewed 7 April 2011

We spent an awesome morning hiking with Eric. It was adventerous, peaceful, and beautiful. I would love to make it back to Kauai some day and do the overnight!

4  Thank ToshaZimmerman
Reviewed 19 March 2011

We went on a hike with Eric it was super cool we got to hike to a waterfall and we saw a bunch of really amazing views of the canyon. He told us all about Kauai and gave us recommendations on where to go. He also told us a lot about himself and he is very friendly. If u are in Kauai i would strongly recommend doing this!

3  Thank 6muggles
Reviewed 17 March 2011

I learned about Eric on this website prior to our trip to Kauai in March.The reviews were great, Eric was always very prompt in responding to my inquiring emails and I liked how he ended them all "no bad days"... so we signed up. Eric was expecting a baby any minute, but still was willing to accommodate us on the day we requested to hike. So off we went hoping that baby would hold off for a while longer (which she did. WHEW!) Hikers included myself and my husband and my 2 20ish year old sons and 1 girlfriend. Eric is an easy conversationalist, and knowledgable about island history, sports, and just about everything, and was willing to share about his own life making him immediately likable. We had gone on a drive up the canyon the day before, so I was reluctant to do the canyon hike that Eric had planned for us, as I thought we'd be seeing the same thing we saw the day before, but was I wrong. We were able to see the canyon from the opposite side, see beautiful waterfalls, and canyon vistas. We all were in awe around every turn, never before seeing such beauty. The hike was easy for the more fit in our group, a little more strenuous for the others, but Eric went at a pace that worked for our group. We were never felt rushed, and Eric allowed ample time at waterfalls and other lookout spots. This was the highlight of our trip. When you go, don't be afraid to swim in the waterfalls! And, of course, bring your camera!

3  Thank dlktj