Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Terrific hike with Tom

Tom was a terrific guide. We walked and talked the entire hike. He educated us about the plants... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2023
Dawn D
Beautiful Experiences

These hikes were unforgettable. Patrick was such a patient and knowledgeable guide (and also a... read more

Reviewed 23 June 2023
Karece B
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Kauai
from ₹1,705.23
from ₹19,204.50
from ₹10,663.01
from ₹2,558.27
More Info
All reviews waimea canyon hiking experience his knowledge knowledgeable guide kauai trip patrick pace island waterfall capabilities challenge mud
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 March 2011

Just completed our hike with Eric of Hike Kauai with me and it was more than we could of believe. I had spoken with Eric prior to our trip to Kauai about our level of experience, physical/medical conditions. Eric had the perfect trail for us challenging but not overwhelming. He observed that my wife ( her first hike) was exhausted on the return suggested that we stop and he would climb the last hill and return to pick us up. We never felt rushed. Good luck with the new baby. david and Kris

Date of experience: March 2011
3  Thank Dietcokern
Reviewed 10 March 2011

Despite the fact that we started our hike in a drizzly rain, and ended it in the pouring rain, my husband and I really enjoyed our hike with Eric! Due to the weather, it was difficult to see the true beauty and grandeur of Waimea Canyon, but Eric made it a fun hike. He's professional, easy to talk to, and definitely has a passion for hiking and the island of Kauai. We'll hope for better weather next time we're in Kauai and hiking with Eric.

Date of experience: March 2011
2  Thank Karen_McB
Reviewed 6 March 2011

just back from Kauai. we hooked up with Eric (hike Kauai with me) on our last day. he took us into the canyon in the early morning hours. it was beautiful. we were the first ones in and didn't meet a soul. we even disturbed a wild boar! The hike was amazing. Eric is very informative but also very laid back. the pace was perfect. it was a wonderful day . one of the highlights of our trip. would recommend Eric to anyone looking to see parts of the island away from the crowds. thank you Eric. hope all is well with your new addition!!
Jackie and Dave

2  Thank jmkAlberta
Reviewed 22 February 2011

Our Waimea Cayon hike was definitely a highlight of our Kauai experience and Eric was INSTRUMENTAL to our enjoyment. He chose a trail that was perfect for us providing both breathtaking views and scenery on a trail that was physically well suited to us. He knew when, where & what was needed. We had the trail to ourselves and caught the best weather of the day....what more can you ask for? Oh, except for a handy guava wood walking stick and the inside track on the local scene! Thanks Eric! Michael and Alexandra, Victoria, BC Feb/2011

1  Thank michaelallan
Reviewed 18 February 2011

Eric is awesome. I emailed Eric several months before our trip to ask if he could put together a hike to accommodate me and my wife, my sister in-law and my mother in-law (72). Eric responded quickly, assuring me we would have a good time hiking in Waimea Canyon. His expertise in hiking and knowledge of the island was amazing. He graciously guided the four of us on a 3 mile hike through the beautiful canyon, over uneven and wet terrain. He took time to help us all negotiate the hilly terrain, while pausing as often as we needed to catch our breath. The hike was one of the highlights of our trip; it was an experience none of us will forget. Thank you Eric for sharing all of your stories, for educating us on Kauai, and for giving us with the memory of a lifetime.

2  Thank Turftony