Let's start with the positive aspects of this grand hotel: fabulous overall property with amazingly large public spaces.
Location, location, location: can't beat it!
The views from the room and the private jacuzzi are breath-taking
Check-in is perfect
Public spaces are spotless
The spa offers amazing facials (their anti-aging one will blow you away!!!). Tested the local massage technique and my massage therapist was a master of this technique.
Now, the less happy parts:
- the beach is not a one where you can truly swim as there are rocks all the way up to the beach
- there are often outdoor events that are noisy enough to chase you away from the pool grounds
- there is only one pool, which for the size of this hotel and the fact that several families come with a large number of kids in tow, is not enough. If you go for a early swim at 7 am you will find the area not cleaned yet from the previous day (damp towels, paper napkins, remainders of food items, etc...)
- I had a very important press interview to give while at the hotel and I specifically asked our dedicated butler for a private space. I was assured that come 7.30 am I would have a reserved business office room. At 7.30 am both rooms were occupied and there was no sign anywhere informing them I had the right to use one of the rooms. I had to negotiate. Luckily one of the guests was nice enough to give his business center space away for one hour. It is as if the butler had forgotten about my request.
- Clothes cleaning: a day before an event I gave a dress to be cleaned. I indicated I needed this dress by 4 pm on Friday and was told this was not going to be an issue.. At 4 pm, no dress, at 5 pm no dress. After much stress, the dress was located and finally brought to my room.
- two days out of 6 the rooms were not cleaned upon our late afternoon return from the beach even though we had not turned on the DO NOT DISTURB red light
- the portion sizes at the 2 restaurants are ridiculously small and this comment comes from a French lady who is used to small portions, $18 for 3 grilled shrimp that's over the top.
- should I mention the terrible blow dry I received at the salon? The South African stylist made such a poor job I had to redo it myself
Because the island is simply amazing you tend to rapidly forget about the mishaps....and this is how life should be.
I recommend enjoying a full private helicopter tour of the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful sites in the world, The St. Regis Princeville Resort is Hawaii’s address for life’s special moments. Elegantly appointed, the resort offers 251 spacious guest rooms including the exclusive Crown Suite Collection. Overlooking beautiful Hanalei Bay, the St. Regis Princeville provides bespoke service amid magnificent natural surroundings. Experience the pursuit of sport, culture and fine dining. For connoisseurs who desire the finest expressions in luxury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your St. Regis Princeville Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- St. Regis Princeville Hotel Princeville
- St. Regis Princeville Resort Kauai