Overall we thought this resort was just average.
We are happy go lucky people who rarely complain.
There were no major disappointments but nothing wowed us either.
Staff: Did there Job but nobody went out of there way to make us feel special.
Rooms: We had a one Room Villa that was Clean, Spacious, Excellent Beds and had a Garden View that was OK. BE AWARE, NO OVEN (just a micro-oven) and it has that apartment feeling where you can hear all your neighbors but wasn't bad.
Resort: Had 7 buildings, 3 pools. 1 Restaurant, 1 Outdoor bar, 1 small market and a fitness center. Overall the layout is not bad and the pools are the focus of the resort. BE AWARE: IT DOES NOT HAVE ANY BEACH ACCESS AND THE VIEWS TO THE OCEAN IS VERY LIMITED.
Pools: The main pool was very busy with children, parents and had some very nice features but we never used. It also had two plunge pools. One had a bunch of outdoor grills and you could view the ocean from a distance but we never used. The other was a quite pool and was the close to our villa and we used the most. HOWEVER - IT WAS ANYTHING BUT QUITE. TEENAGERS/KIDS LOUD, CELL PHONES BEING USED AND HORSE-PLAYING was always happening. We are not blaming the guests because the pool is not marked very well and nobody seemed to police it. THIS WAS OUR MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE RESORT and just know what to expect.
Parking: The have free valet parking and some general parking if you wanted to park your own. THEY CHARGE $13.00 PER DAY ( I personally think this is lame and should be part of the room charge) AND GOOD LUCK TRYING TO PARK IN THE GENERAL LOTS. THEY ARE SMALL AND OFTEN FULL. ALSO SOME OF THE VILLAS ARE A SMALL HIKE TO AND FROM THE GENERAL LOTS OR EVEN FROM THE VALET. However, parking in general is a major problem of Kauai and keep an open mind for it is not that bad at the Westin.
Restaurants: It had one nice restaurant but we never tried it. We did look at the menu but did not like the food choices or pricing. WE HAD OUR OWN KITCHEN AND THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD NEARBY CHOICES. TRY BUBBA BURGERS!
Bar: Outdoor bar was nice and there food was excellent. BE AWARE THE BIRDS AND CHICKENS ARE AGGRESSIVE IN WANTING YOU TO SHARE but we never minded and often laughed at them.
Marketplace: Lets just say it was convenient and had a little of everything. THEY ARE VERY EXPENSIVE but it is the convenience you are paying for. REALLY ALL YOU need to do is take about a 5-10 minute car ride to the local supermarket (FOOD-LAND) that had everything.
Fitness Center: Was very small and crowded. Nice equipment but who wants to work out on vacation?
Pricing: We got on an internet deal. Buy two days and get the third free. We stayed 6 Nights and paid around $350.00 per day. PLEASE NOTE THEY WILL GIVE YOU A $10 CREDIT IF YOU WAIVE DAILY MAID SERVICE. HOWEVER, THIS CREDIT CAN ONLY BE USED IN THE RESTAURANT, BAR OR MARKETPLACE AND ONLY TOWARDS FOOD AND THE DAY IT WAS GIVEN OTHERWISE IT EXPIRES AND IS VOID.
Concierge: We only used them to help setup and couples message and a Helicopter tour. THEY CONSTANTLY ASK YOU TO TAKE PARTICIPATE IN THERE SALES PRESENTATION but that is there job. I ALWAYS AVOID THIS AND DO NOT FALL FOR THE FREE ITEMS FOR IT IS NOT WORTH IT AND THEY APPLY TO MUCH PRESSURE. Otherwise they are knowledgeable about the island and what things you are looking to do.
Overall: WE enjoyed our stay at the Westin but we more then likely will not go back to this resort. The lack of view of the ocean, lack of beach access and the NOT so quite pool are things that are important to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. Stay in spacious one and two-bedroom villas with up to 1,310 square feet accommodating up to eight adults. Each villa includes fully equipped kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai