We recently stayed at the Grand Hyatt and we LOVED it. We spent a few days on Maui and then flew to Kauai. What a different island!
The Grand Hyatt is beautiful upon arrival - the lobby is grand and looking out toward the sea is magical. All of the grounds of the hotel are amazing - all of the pools from the adult pool to the salt water lagoon are pretty fantastic.
As a honeymooner, they definitely gave us a lot of perks. When making your reservation make sure you let them know you're on your honeymoon. We got champagne on arrival, a cabana for a day and other discounts. The entire staff was so nice - many of them remembered who we were which was nice.
Some of our tips:
We opted for a garden view room and they gave us room 1021 which actually was of the garden but faced the ocean so it was kind of a an ocean view. It's a bit of a walk back to the lobby/parking lot but very worth it. We loved our lanai and the ability to walk to the beach easily and pools easily from our room.
Ilima Terrace has very nice breakfast (hashbrowns were a favorite!) but some days we opted for the espresso bar on Seaview Terrace which has an amazing view and if you're not eating a lot, sometimes a breakfast and juice are all you need...and it's cheaper.
The concierges are great and have a lot of great ideas for you. We loved the Na Pali sunset cruise - the kayaking of wailua river was a little less than desired (lots of muddy hiking) but overall they don't steer you wrong.
We didn't eat at any of the restaurants but we recommend: Keoki's Paradise (opt to sit not in the dining room so you can look at both menus (the non-dining room is cheaper). We loved the sliders. Living Foods & Market in Kukui'ula Village has great breakfast which you can eat sitting on the porch. We also loved Lapperts Ice Crream in Kukui'ula Village. For lunch we loved the Snack Shack in Koloa and the Fish Market in Koloa - there's no eating inside these places so we took our food to the beach - nice picnic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu, HI