As my wife was busy planning our wedding, I was getting excited about planning our honeymoon. We both knew we wanted to head to Hawaii. It was my wife’s 4th visit to the Hawaiian Islands and my first. Since my wife had visited both Maui and Waikiki, I decided to plan our Honeymoon to the Island of Kauai. We both are always happy with the quality of Hyatt hotels, so when we saw the photos for this Resort, we knew we had picked the right property.
Upon arrival to the hotel and the entrance into the lobby, we both knew we were in for a treat (if the lobby is beautiful, then we knew the rest of the resort must be great). After check in we were escorted to our room which was on the top floor (recommended for the best views). We decided to go with an Ocean Front room which was amazing from top to bottom! The rooms are very spacious and luxurious with marble floors, double sinks and a very comfortable bed (which is important, I have been to other hotels where it was like sleeping on a rock).
The resort itself is amazing; I don’t think I have ever been to another property with as many pools as this resort has. From the lazy river, adult pool, main pool and saltwater lagoon/pool, and hot tubs, you will have no problem finding somewhere to get wet! The grounds are very well maintained with waterfalls, plants and well-manicured lawns.
We tried out the Italian Restaurant (Dondero’s) on the property and highly recommend it. In fact, we went back there for a second time at the end of the week. My wife and I both come from the NY/NJ area and know good Italian food when we see it! We had breakfast every morning at Llima Terrace, where we were sat at the edge of a beautiful outdoor pond with Swans and Koi swimming right by us!
We recommend the Anara Spa. Though a little expensive (cost was around $165.00 per person for 50 minutes), getting a couple’s massage was a great way to relax.
Downsides to the property; the shore line at the property is very rocky and full of coral with little to no beach. It is not possible to go swimming in the ocean (which is probably the reason for the abundance of pools). While our room was beautiful, it was a far walk from the restaurants (we were located dead center with an ocean view overlooking the pools). The hotel on a whole is a little pricey, however it tough for me to judge since I have traveled mostly to the Caribbean and stayed at all-inclusive properties (where meals and drinks are included). There is a lack of chairs / umbrellas for everyone to enjoy while at the resort. If you want a special cabana / day bed you have to pay around $50 (per day).
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt. Kauai is a beautiful Island and a honeymooner’s paradise. We recommend renting a car while on the island. We drove around the entire Island, from Waimea Canyon to Hanalei in less than a day (lots to see). If we head back to Kauai we would definitely consider staying at the Hyatt again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Find the true essence of paradise at Grand Hyatt Kaua’i Resort & Spa. Set on the soothing white sands in Poipu, on Kauai’s sunny south shore, this luxury resort unfolds on over 50 acres of lush gardens. The resort’s classic Hawaiian architecture with open courtyards and lush gardens welcomes the tropical breeze. Freshly renovated rooms blend clean simple lines with Hawaiian design elements to create a private retreat. A water wonderland awaits with a quiet adult area, lava-rock river pool, waterslide, and saltwater lagoon. Play championship golf at Poipu Bay Resort. Sample delicious island flavors at one of six restaurants. And for a spa experience like no other, visit Anara Spa where open-air treatments use island-fresh botanicals to refresh and renew. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Ctrip TA so you can book your Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Hyatt Poipu
- Poipu Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Poipu
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa Poipu, HI