“Great food”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to Tidepools for my husband's birthday dinner and the food was awesome! We got the mahi mahi and opah which were both cooked perfectly. We were also provided a complimentary dessert for my husband's birthday. I wish we had come before sunset because I'm sure the view would have been beautiful.

1  Thank C4253HZjennt

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We thought this would be the best restaurant of our stay. Not so. For the price it was insanely overpriced. We had better food at the Beach House and Keoki’s. Overpriced for the value. Not going back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I came to this restaurant on the spur of the moment. The atmosphere of the restaurant is excellent I ordered the ribeye steak which was cooked perfectly, and the accompanying broccoli and puréed potatoes were excellent. My wife ordered something called a chili chicken dish of some kind. We expected it to be spicy, but it wasn’t at all. They should note that on the menu. Overall it was an excellent dining experience. I just have a hard time giving it five stars. If there were a half star option, I would have given it four and a half stars.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We celebrated our anniversary at Tidepools and enjoyed it very much. The service was great, the waiter (forgot his name) went over the menu with us and answered our questions. The food was delicious, maybe a little overpriced. We made our reservations well in advance and requested leis for the both of us, not knowing if we would actually get them. When we were seated, overlooking the ponds, there they were laying in heart shapes on the table. We enjoyed our dining experience and if even we are back in Kauai would definitely go back there.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed 3 November 2018

Both my husband and my meals were good, but not spectacularfor the price. Our third visit to Tisepools. Wewe not seated in the most picturesque location and when I inquired about this, was told that other tables were booked. I reserved this restaurant over a month ago and so in advance reservations have no clout. Have noticed this problem when you book through open table.

Date of visit: November 2018

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK