“Overpriced ”

Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii.
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Ceviche not that good. Waiter was strange stated nothing with macadamia was available as all macadamia nuts in Hawaii were banned because they were contaminated by Ebola Prime rib was tough and overly fatty fois gase was good

Reviewed 25 October 2018

We enjoyed our dinner at Tidepools. The food was excellent, and the service was stellar. The setting is especially unique and quite soothing with the koi swimming nearby (even jumping, which was a surprise to me...), the thatched roofs, the comfy chairs. We had a nice evening and will definitely return.

Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

Delicious Polynesian style food. Beautiful restaurant. Very delicious meal surrounded by Koo fish ponds. Romantic and special

Reviewed 19 October 2018

Over priced for what you get, my husband ordered the steak and said he makes better at home, my meal was great (crab stuffed fish), kids meals were fine but over priced. Service wasn't great. We spilled water and staff were visibly annoyed they had to clean it up. Also asked for an extra kids menu (paper with activities b/c 1st got wet), had to ask a few times and then again staff annoyed. Our personal server was great. Expect more for the $$$$

1  Thank 13canadiankiwi13
Reviewed 19 October 2018

I had a great experience dining at this beautiful restaurant. The setting is off of the pools and ABOVE and in between the various tide pools (hence the name) on the Grand Hyatt property. I could watch the fish swim around as I dined, which was quite unique.

My server (I wish I had his name) was incredibly friendly throughout the meal. He truly made me feel welcomed and valued, and he absolutely made my meal a memorable one. The bread served here is excellent and fresh. I had a very good fish dish here that was top quality, and a chocolate lava dessert that was the perfect accompaniment.

I highly recommend a trip to this high quality restaurant. You won't be disappointed!

Date of visit: October 2018

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK