“After spa treatment ”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Ainako
Description: Embrace the tempting combination of contemporary Hawaiian cuisine served in a unique Hawaiian setting. Thatched-roof bungalows float above a koi-filled lagoon at the base of a waterfall to create romantic ambiance. Inspired by local ingredients and the rich culinary traditions of Hawaii.
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We made reservations at Tidepools about 5 days in advance, having heard it would be hard to get in without one. (We did not stay at the Grand Hyatt for lodging). We arrived promptly at our reservation time, but still made to wait to be seated - less than 10 minutes. The wine list was impressive, but limited cocktail menu. I had the pineapple julep and my wife the Koloa raspberry lemonade...she did not like her drink, but was still charged for it. I had the filet mignon with lobster added, and my wife the Opah with a filet mignon added. Both dishes were prepared well, no complaints. Although having had the filet at Keoki’s down the street a few day earlier, I would choose Keoki’s for flavor, and it’s a smidge cheaper too. We opted for the lava cake dessert to-go, but it took the kitchen more than 25 minutes to prepare. When we finally got it - the waiter graciously took it off the bill. With this being higher end restaurant we expected more. The ambience is good and the koi are fun to watch. Our bill was almost $250 without the tip. If you are going for the experience then sure. However, if you are going for the food, we say save your money, you can find it down the street for $100 less and comparable taste if not better.

Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been here twice this trip. Traveling solo. First time, sat at the bar. Had a great meal with great service. Second time, made a reservation in the dining room. Waiting area was full when I arrived and checked in early. Greeters seated me last and only after I had to remind them I was there, then put me at a table that was right in an aisle that was heavily trafficked. A very unpleasant experience. And the meal the second time was bland (coffee rubbed ono). Waiter did the right thing - no charge for the meal and free dessert (Malasadas) which was delicious.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Had the SAME offerings for the length of our stay. At $35 per person (plus tax) this venue disappointed BIG time. Wait! The silver dollar pancakes were fine and so was the smoked salmon. The rest? Feh..

Reviewed 5 December 2017

My daughter and son-in-law and I had a special anniversary dinner here. KeKao, our server, was so helpful and friendly. He recommended the special and it was delicious.

1  Thank jillc947
Reviewed 1 December 2017

We had dinner at tidepools twice while staying at Hyatt, first time was a bit of a disaster but talked to manager and gave them another chance and very glad we did, this review is for the later dinner.
Always great ambiance and menu, amazing food with best prime rib in a long time and fantastic service, very pleasant memorable experience.

Been to Tidepools? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK