Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
US$ 528
US$ 445
Hotels.com
Kiahuna Plantation Resort(Poipu)(Great Value!)
US$ 398
US$ 205
Travelocity
US$ 478
US$ 445
US$ 585
US$ 548
The Point at Poipu(Poipu)(Great Value!)
US$ 437
US$ 308
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 341/night.

US$ 380
US$ 349
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Aston at Poipu Kai(Poipu)(Great Value!)
US$ 213
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 396/night.

US$ 800
US$ 754
Priceline
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from these sites
All reviewsnice poolshort drivetwin bedsbeach chairsthese condoswasher and dryertennisextinctfansbreezeblenderlanaipillowsbeachesunitlandscapingisland
Reviewed 3 January 2010

We went to Kauai to celebrate my birthday and our 25th anniversary. This resort seemed like a great place for us to stay since I wanted to be close to the beach but not hear the pounding surf. It was definitely peaceful and quiet except for the early morning when the birds went into full song. I especially liked the privacy. It is a small resort so few people were driving in and out of the parking lot, making noise or peeking in the windows.

We stayed in unit #12 which I loved because it was bright and cheerful with lovely pictures on the walls and comfortable furniture. The upstairs bed was excessively hard for my taste so we had to move downstairs to the twin beds, which were a bit better. For this reason I might not stay in this unit again unless they up-date the beds. However, if you like a firm mattress then this might be just the place for you. The move downstairs turned out to be a blessing in disguise since I came down with severe positional vertigo in the middle of the night. We were glad that there was a parking space reserved for us in front of the condominium and my husband was able to help me into the car quickly to drive me to the one hospital on the island. When we got back to the villa, I had to rest for a couple of days because of the medicine. My husband had a relaxing time sitting out on the lanai which is shaded nicely by greenery and extremely private.

We were disappointed that there was not a Scrabble game available or tennis rackets, etc. There was no one in the clubhouse to help us with anything and no yoga classes or any of the other scheduled activities mentioned in the guidebooks. I was looking forward to trying the sauna but since the two saunas were located in the restrooms, my husband could not go in with me unless he entered the women's room. We were lucky that the weather was nice and these deficits were not a problem since most of our week was spent sightseeing.

Our property was managed by Poipu Vacation Rentals and the whole arrangement was made over the internet in a very professional manner. There was a mix-up with housekeeping before we got there and the unit was not properly cleaned. We called the management and the housekeeper was apologetic, came in the next day, and did a great job cleaning. There were a few maintenance issues as well but the manager assured us that a handy-man would come in after we left to take care of them. The manager insisted on refunding our cleaning deposit due to the inconvenience. He was extremely gracious and let us stay into the evening on our departure night without charging us extra since our plane did not leave until almost midnight. I would highly recommend renting through Poipu Vacation Rentals since it is a small firm and the owner has a condominium at Poipu Crater. It really helps that he has pictures of the various villas posted on his website and is familar with the properties he manages.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank SHADOWSPRITE
Reviewed 17 October 2009

My husband, brother-in-law and I stayed in unit #23. This unit needs some serious refreshing. The fan in the living room sparked and stopped working on the first day. There are bars preventing you form opening the living room vented windows. Carpets need cleaning, kitchen and master bath need updating bad. This unit gets direct sun exposure all day, and with the skylights this place is a sauna! We met the owner of unit #26 across the resort and he let us check out his condo. It is shaded all day and was cool in the hottest part of the day, with no fans of air conditioning needed. He also has completely renovated the whole unit. Being the same price, this is the unit to stay at! The pool was the highlight of our stay. We had the pool all to ourselves the whole time! It is very private and secluded down in the crater. Tons of tropical flowers, and beautiful birds. We would stay a the Poipu crater resort again, but in unit #26.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
6  Thank DISCOKITTY
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We loved our stay here. At first I thought it might be too big for just my husband and myself but we loved being able to spread out and have plenty of space if one of us was up earlier than the other. We were in unit #6 and although the decor was somewhat dated, it was very clean and comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. It had so many nice features to make it feel homey which was nice: washer/dryer, beach towels, beach chairs and umbrella, large cooler, books to read, etc... The lanai (deck) was large and it was wonderful to sit there and eat breakfast every day.

The condo is located in a crater. We were in the top of the crater (#1-10 were at the top) so I don' t know if that helped with the breeze. There is no air conditioning but there are ceiling fans in every room and I noticed 2 stand fans in a spare closet that could be used. We didn't need any air conditioning when we were there since it was on the cool side. The only thing is that the crater echos a lot and there are tons of birds and roosters that start crowing pretty early in the morning (although this is normal across Kauai). So we didn't leave the windows open at night and that helped with the noise in the morning.

The location was great and although we weren't right on the ocean, it didn't seem to matter since every day we were exploring different parts of the island anyway. The condo complex had a small (but nice) pool, ping-pong table, BBQ area, and tennis courts. We were happy with the management company (Parrish Collection)- we wanted to borrow tennis rackets and although Poipu Crater didn't have any, they let us borrow some from their neighboring property- Nihi Kai Villas which was nice.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay and it was nice to park right outside our condo and go right in. It was much more comfortable (and cheaper) than staying at any resort.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2009

We stayed a week at this unexpected tropical treasure. It is not like anything else offered in the Poipu area. These townhomes are like your own home in a tropical botanical garden. In the morning the birds sing throughout the enclosed crater. The winds blow across the giant lanais that we lived on for all our meals and evening cocktails. All other condos are two and three story apartment style and have skinny long lanais that are good for nothing. Here we could park our car right next to our townhome with no stairs. we stayed in unit #20 which was extremely updated with great beds and bedding and all the appliances were new. Everything worked great and the place was really clean and we felt at home right away. We would recommend this place to anyone who wants the real Hawaii experience. Enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BeachLoverCa
Reviewed 17 August 2007

My family and I just spent 2 weeks at Poipu Crater Resort. We were a large group of 38 people and stayed in 11 condos in the Crater. The trip was fabulous!

The condos in Poipu Crater are great and they are the best deal on the island. There are 15 duplex-type buildings with 2 condos in each building. There is lots of open space in the Crater and the plantings make for good privacy. Each condo is a 2 story, 2-bedroom/2 bath condo with a good kitchen, living room and eating area. Each condo is fully equipped, including laundry machines, coolers, beach chairs, etc. The lanais are large (~12 X 12) and were a favorite sitting area for all.

There is a great pool area. The pool was large and refreshing. There was a covered area with three tables and chairs as well as 3 BBQ's. There is also a clubhouse with 2 tables and chairs, a couple of couches and a full kitchen. Our group made extensive use of the whole pool/clubhouse area every evening and it worked out perfectly.

The grounds of Poipu Crater are beautiful. The whole resort is very Hawaiian looking. You can sit on the lanai and enjoy the foliage and the birds or you can enjoy a game of tennis, ping pong, or a dip in the pool.

Each condo is privately owned and although the decor in each unit is similar, they were all different, depending on whether the specific condo had been renovated recently or not. All of the condos were great for our group.

Poipu Crater is about a 10 minute walk from Poipu Beach Park (you can cut through the grounds of Poipu Kai Resort). As Kauai is an island to explore and people tend to venture off and explore the various gorgeous beaches around the island, the proximity to Poipu Beach Park is less important than one might think.

I would strongly recommend Poipu Crater to everyone; especially any large groups. Our family has already re-booked 5 condos for spring break 2008!

• Stayed: July 2007