“Nice, clean, but getting a bit worn”

Review of Manualoha 1102

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Sunvalley...
Sun Valley, ID
“Just OK”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Let me start with the positives:
Loved having 2 full bathrooms (although the 3/4 bath had the tiniest shower stall. I could barely lift my leg without bonking my head!). We had a lovely and delicious bottle of wine waiting in the frig with 2 chilled glasses. In our closet were 2 lovely bathrobes and the kitchen did provide some very simple basics like salt & pepper, a little oil and a tiny bit of saran wrap (it's amazing to us how few condos ever have these basic supplies so I had some with me). The owners also supplied beach towels and beach chairs as well as beach umbrellas. The place was very clean but dated.

Now for the "not so good". If I stood on my tippy toes about 20 ft off the patio I could see the ocean so this made the condo a bit dark, especially the kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen, it is very dated. The condo was not wired with Wi-Fi (I had read that part wrong). They had ethernet so my husband was able to plug in his computer but I was out of luck with my iPad. Working on my iPhone for 2 wks was NOT fun. There was NO laundry service at all so I did the towels and bedding. I now know of other places that provide DAILY towel resupply if needed and weekly bedding change. All of that would've been fairly expensive at Manualoha. But I guess the worse part was they charged my husband $4 for a single page incoming Fax and was going to charge us $10 to print our boarding passes. Really?? That was it for me. We have already found much better place for 2014 for about the same amount of money. I would rather pass on the wine and the bathrobes and get clean towels every few days and Wi-Fi :) Aloha

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How close our parking space was to the condo
Liked least: the darkness and the kitchen
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Olympia WA
Reviewed 17 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
CA
Reviewed 12 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

Older travelers
Management Response
12 Sep 2012
Many of Kauai's homes and accommodations are equipped with ceiling fans that augment Kauai's cooling trade winds. A majority of our Suite Paradise guests find this very comfortable. Some guests may find this a bit difficult if they are used to air-conditioned accommodations or living. We have made note of the guests early departure from their visit to our office and have placed a call in to the owner about providing a portable AC or additional floor fans as an option. We are still at the moment working on the options with the owner of the condo.
Wyoming
Reviewed 31 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012

A romantic getaway
Alaska
Reviewed 7 May 2012 for a stay in March 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing