On our family's first trip to Hawaii, we found that Koloa landing was really a nearly perfect place to stay. When we arrived, we received beautiful lei's from the front desk staff and since our two-bedroom suite wasn't available on-time (and we had perishable food in the trunk), the desk staff kindly upgraded us to a three-bedroom suite that was really a wonderful experience. The suite was well-organized with a full dining room, decent-sized family/TV area, and a high-end kitchen with an island covered in marble. The kitchen appliances were top notch as advertised, other than the electric range which was probably the only drawback in the kitchen. We were greeted in the suite with a tray containing 4 flavors of macadamia nuts which was a nice touch. Our suite was near the pool and we even were able to partially see the ocean from our room. The suite was clean and in excellent condition, with large bedrooms, quality sheets/towels, and a good set of amenities. We had our own private patio decked out with lounge chairs and a table and four chairs to eat meals outside. The housekeeping service was excellent during the five days we were there and they came during times we were out. They were also very responsive when we needed additional coffee, other amenities, or things we forgot to bring. We found all of the staff to be friendly, easy to approach and generous. The grounds were also well-coiffed and there were places on the lawn for the kids to play soccer and volleyball (although with so many things to do in Kauai, they never really had time!). With the sliding doors closed, the place was really quiet and relaxing, despite the warnings about possible construction during the day. The pools were nice, but we found that the nearby Sheraton and Hyatt (where other friends were) had better ones. As noted in other reviews, the washer/dryer was a terrific perk, especially with all the trips to the beach and hikes that left our clothes wet or muddy. Finally, the spaciousness was particularly beneficial as we were able to host another family traveling with us for all of the dinners and breakfasts, which was a real treat. Overall -- two thumbs up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience one of the most coveted locations in all of the Hawaiian Islands. Travel & Leisure Magazine ranked Kauai as the #1 Hawaiian Island Destination two years in a row. In 2010, Kauai was #1 in the US as an island destination and #2 in the world, based on the readers choice awards. The rich amenities and luxurious accommodations at the brand new Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu Beach are set among 25 acres of lush tropical oasis. The Resort is located less than a mile from the legendary Poipu Beach and boasts two beautiful resort style pools with meandering lagoons and cascading waterfalls. A paradise of natural and cultural treasures on Kauai's South Shore awaits you, at Koloa Landing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Marriott and Agoda so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Poipu, Kauai, HI