“Amazing Pizza - wow!”

Pietro's Pizza Kauai
Ranked #5 of 132 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Description: Pietro's Pizza Kauai is an authentic Neapolitan woodfired brick oven pizza restaurant inside and it has an authentic New York pizzeria walk up window with outdoor seating on the outside under a covering. Inside Neapolitan pizza is currently open Tues-Sat 5-9pm. NY window Mon-Sat 11am to 9pm. Pietro's Pizza is the first and only certified pizzeria in the state of Hawaii by the Association of Verace Pizza Napoletana (AVPN) out of Naples, Italy. Good Pizza, Good Beer, Good Wine!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were searching for a restaurant for dinner in Lihue before we caught a late flight back home. My wife suggested this place based on the reviews and my first reaction was "pizza in Kauai?" as pizza is not something I expected would be any good here (I am a pizza snob and am rather picky about what I consider good pizza). I couldn't have been more wrong. There are two dining options here - you can eat at the outside tables where they serve quicker, less expensive pizza that most folks would likely expect, or you can eat in the restaurant, where it is individual wood-fired pizzas. We opted for the latter and the pizza was simply phenomenal. The crust was thin and perfectly crisp and rather than the typical pizza that is drowned in grated cheese, they placed slices of fresh mozzarella for a perfect balance with the sauce and toppings. Words can't describe how surprised and pleased I was with the pizza. Even our kids, who I was sure were going to complain about the "weird" pizza, loved every bite. My wife is on a paleo diet and was only planning to get a salad - she was pleasantly surprised that they had a cauliflower crust option for her and she was delighted as well. We also had a dinner salad, which was simple and delicious.

I couldn't have been more thrilled with this place and can't wait to return on our next trip to Kauai. As a side note, the wood fired pizza oven is beautifully covered in blue mosaic tiles, and I enjoyed the Clint Eastwood spaghetti western posters in Italian that adorned the walls.

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Aloha and thanks for coming by! We truly appreciate your review and kind words. Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you in the future! Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We ordered an entire pizza from the walk-up window, and enjoyed a glass of wine while waiting. TIP: Order your pizza to go, and walk across the street to the beach & watch the evening surfers! Perfect ending to an adventurous day in Kauai. The server was friendly, and the pizza was perfect New York style pizza!

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We sat inside the restaurant for their traditional Italian style wood fired pizza for dinner. The pizza was simply put together, with quality ingredients and good flavours. The goat cheese pizza was especially good, and the dough was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. We also had the house sangria, which I recommend, along with the meatballs and bruschetta for appetizers. The service was friendly and quick, with a family atmosphere. I would eat here again.

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Aloha, thank you for coming by, we are glad you enjoyed yourself. Thank you for the review, we truly appreciate it. Aloha, Tom

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on the way to airport in Lihue. Excellent pizza and a great meal to finish out a trip to Kauai. Would also recommend the caprese salad!

Tom I, Owner at Pietro's Pizza Kauai, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Aloha Stephen, thanks for coming by before your trip back, we really appreciate it. Thank you for the review as well, we hope to see you again. Aloha from Kauai, Tom

Reviewed 31 August 2018

We discovered this place last year. It’s conveniently located across the street from the Marriott. We pick up and bring it back. The pizza is excellent! We like The Godfather in particular being meat lovers. The medium really is large - feeds two of us with leftovers. We also got a Caesar Salad which was also good. Will definitely eat here again!