“loved this place, did not need ac, had wireless and very clean”
Review of Castle Kaha Lani

Castle Kaha Lani
Reviewed 18 May 2012

love this place so much.stayed two weeks.. i was leery myself at first when i read some of the review but then i also read alot more of the good reviews and i am glad i did. only one one i was concerned about was the air-conditioning but wow such a breeze and so many adjustable windows to regulate. never had a problem with being hot. not at all.. and we were there in may...even when then wind died we were fine house keeping was every 3 days but if we needed any thing more just had to call...or drop by...yes your in the islands ...chickens , kitties and birds...all up at dawn...if thats not your cup of tea stay on one of the more developed islands more concrete jungle... i like away from it all and as far as wireless that depends on the unit our unit had wireless and was spotless.

Room Tip: i was on the second floor and i think that would be better not that alot of people are walking aroun...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Christa C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Castle Kaha Lani

Reviewed 15 May 2012

First time and everything could have not been more perfect. The front desk personnel were friendly and we loved April. They gave us suggestions on what to see and do. Everyone was so nice. The grounds were kept up nice, lots of flowers and a VERY short walk to the beach. Great walking path, great walking beach, lots of little things to see. The location was great right in the middle from West to East. Condo was so nice looking over the ocean with a million dollar view, I hope we can come back someday.

Room Tip: If you are not into the big resorts this is the place to stay. Top floors with the Oceanfront View a...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dena S
Reviewed 12 May 2012

I'm a travel X-Ray tech so my company rented my unit for 2 months. Theres no wireless Internet, I was told I would have to buy my own router if I want wireless. The condo was dirty, I had to clean it from top to bottom. They don't have AC in any of the units! It cost $3 to wash and dry 1 load of clothes. Upon my second trip to the laundry room, a lady from the front office followed me and asked me if I was one of the MAIDS that worked on the property. I told her NO, IM A RESIDENT. She asked which apt was I staying in, I replied. Then she asked me,"Well, when did that change?" As if I was lying to her. I told her that's her job to keep up with that information, not mine. Then she asked,"Well how many of you are there?" At this moment I'm getting upset because now I know where this convo is going. I asked her why was she asking me all these questions. She responded,"Because your a new face." Isnt this a resort where new people are in and out every week? Does she interrogate every customer like this because their a "new face"? I was so offended! Then i believe the apt I was staying in to be HAUNTED! Twice, I felt something messing with me while I was in bed! I asked them about it and they say they've never heard anything like that before, but when I talk to locals in the area they say this place is the most haunted area on the island. So I moved out to stay with a co-worker. My travel company tried to get reimbursed for the ime I didn't stay there for fear of my safety and the owners refused to refund the payment. It was a HORRIBLE experience all the way around at the resort!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Dafisher
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Let me be brief: for the money (around $150/night for a 2-br apartment), this must be one of the best deals in Kauai. The property is well maintained and clean. Full kitchen in each condo; nice small pool and two gas grills are available outside. Most visitors appeared to be aged 30-50, so it was neither a party place nor an old couples' resort. Just nice and peaceful.

It's a nice oceanview location with great views; however, the beach in front of the property is not swimmable (due to a very rocky bottom and high waves). But as everywhere in Kauai, some other great beach is only a few minutes away, so I did not feel it was an issue. Overall - yes, I would come again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank summit3000
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed in unit 226, it had a magnificent view. Everything we needed was there. We thought the location was excellent as we had other family in town at the Marriott for a wedding. There was no need for air conditioning as the trade winds provided more than needed air flow. The beach in front was not swimmable, but not an issue since we were able to swim other places. We would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: You do not need air conditioning, great trade winds.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lihue
2.9 km away
24.9 km away
Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas
0.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Kauai Wailua Bay

Been to Castle Kaha Lani? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK