I was a little worried when I read some other reviews but was very happy with what I found when we arrived. My husband and I spent six nights at Kaha Lani. We were in unit 113. It's off the main road and isolated from any other hotels/condos which I liked. It provided a fabulous view of the ocean and a great breeze coming in through the patio doors. It was advertised as a 1 bedroom/1 bath unit but in fact it had 1½ baths which was great. We were very comfortable there. It was clean, very charmingly decorated. The kitchen was well stocked with dishes, pots, pans and utensils. It had a toaster, coffee maker, microwave, dishwasher, garbage disposal. I appreciated that the complex provided a garbage can for recyclables and changed the towels only every four days in an effort to be more green. You could request additional towels if you wanted. There is onsite laundry for $1.50 to wash a load and also $1.50 to dry. The pool was really nice and they provided pool towels. The grounds were beautifully landscaped. There is a sidewalk between the complex and the beach for walking along the beach. I think it was about 4 miles now but will be about 8 miles when completed. You can also walk for miles on the beach if the tide isn't too high. Kaha Lani provides a discount card for Foodland and also a one time card for 10% off. We did almost all of our shopping the day we arrived so saved quite a bit. It's so nice to be able to cook some of your meals as it is pretty expensive to eat out there. They also provided discount coupons for a couple of nearby restaurants. It is pretty centrally located to be able to see all the sites on the island. There were only a couple of things I did not like. It smelled a little damp and musty in the kitchen and bathrooms when we got there. Maybe because it's so near the ocean or had been closed up for a while??? Since we were on the ground floor everyone walking by could look right in if we had the blinds open. The office is not staffed 24 hours a day, only 8-6. One of the neighboring condos had an small child staying in it. He cried a lot and we heard it all. I don't think his family had much fun in Hawaii. Luckily we were gone most of the day. Overall, I would definitely recommend this complex. I would go back there again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kaha Lani Resort features oceanfront condominiums adjacent to Lydgate Beach Park and playground, with a walking path along the coast. Centrally located, the resort offers a variety of one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites, all oceanview or oceanfront. Amenities include a pool, tennis court, barbecues, and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Kaha Lani reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Kaha Lani Hotel Lihue
- Kaha Lani
- Castle Kaha Lani Kauai/Lihue