“Wasn't impressed”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2018

Honestly, the most bland Mexican food I've ever had in my entire life. It's like the only spice used was salt. I had the mixed Fajitas plate. Asked for hot sauce to try and save it but the hot sauce was more sweet (?!?!) than spicy. The salsa was also watery. My dinner companion and I were not impressed at all.

Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

Friendly staff. Delicious food. Taco Tuesday. Churros are the Bomb. Patio was excellent. Always had drinks. Chips were fantastic!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Ate here twice while we were on the island for five days. Went for breakfast, and they had gotten slammed by a large group, and the servers were running ragged. Took quite a while, but we were on vacation, so. Food was good for breakfast and for dinner. We eat Mexican food a lot, and have gotten kind of fussy. This place was really good, low prices, and in all candor better than we expected for Mexican food in Hawaii. Except for the one time they were overloaded, the service was quite good. Very pleasant experience. Not a big deal, but I really prefer the refried beans to rice, and this place let me sub a second order of beans for the rice; I appreciate that.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

My sister and I had visited the Kapaa location in December after a poor excuse for Mexican at Moneco's. Mariachi's is authentic and just like we've experienced throughout the years visiting southern California. Decided to visit this location in June 2018 and were pleased that the service and food was just as food as at the other location. Enjoyed the 5 taco option of any under tacos. I had the battered seabass (2), 2 carnitas, and 1 carne asada. I really liked the carne asada. I had chosen as a spare. Good margarita, not blended variety, in raspberry. Finished off my meal with deep fried ice cream. Menu is quite large and most options look like they would be a good choice. Also, they have a dessert menu as any authentic Mexican restaurant would have. Overall, a great dining experience in Lihue. Nice patio seating too.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went here for dinner whilst in Kau’i. It was right behind our resort. Food was good, fresh, fast and good value.

Service was good too, lovely, helpful staff.

1  Thank Jodie Q