“Local”

Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 27 October 2017

Great local style food! Service is really good, considering the number of servers, the amount of people there and the efficiency of their system. Soup or salad and dessert are included with the meals! Oftentimes, running out of the pies you may have a craving for!

Reviewed 1 September 2017

This is a local joint, not a tourist destination. But if you want to eat where the locals eat, and for a bargain price, this is the place. Simple fare at rock-bottom prices. Started with a small, but very fresh, fruit salad; I had the crispy pork chops - thin, but nicely prepared and tasty; my husband's panko crusted mahi mahi was also very good. Both entrees came with salad and rice. Dessert was a real surprise: a really good coffee ice cream pie. Although portions may seem small, they're actually quite enough. And the price can't be beat: $31.15 plus tip for BOTH of us. No alcohol license, but we did see other patrons bring their own wine.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

We had a lovely meal here, helped along by the very friendly waitress (Lauren?). She guided us through the house specialties... tempura on the night. We also had the kalua pork. The meals come with soup and dessert . I had the cornchowder, which was delicious and we tried the macadamia nut cream pie and the banana cream pie. Both were awesome, obviously home made. Definitely give it a go. It's nothing fancy but you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My husband and I are visiting Kauai for the first time, and wanted to go where the locals eat. The food was very good, prices are fair, and dessert is included with most meals. I got the teriyaki marinated chicken, and I would absolutely get it again. My husband got a mixed plate with BBQ ribs, fried chicken, and fried shrimp; the ribs were hands down the best of his lunch. The restaurant decor looks like late mid-century, or it might not have been redecorated since the 1970s; either way, it is charming. They close between lunch and dinner, and we came in at the very end of lunch. Even so, the waitress was friendly, and did not try to rush us. The restaurant was awarded with Best Restaurant awards for 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I certainly agree with that.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

great atmosphere and the service was very professional. the food is quite delicious and cooked fresh.