“Great food AND you get free dessert 🍰!”
Review of Barbeque Inn

Barbeque Inn
Ranked #39 of 124 Restaurants in Lihue
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 10 May 2017

We had a lovely meal here, helped along by the very friendly waitress (Lauren?). She guided us through the house specialties... tempura on the night. We also had the kalua pork. The meals come with soup and dessert . I had the cornchowder, which was delicious and we tried the macadamia nut cream pie and the banana cream pie. Both were awesome, obviously home made. Definitely give it a go. It's nothing fancy but you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 20 April 2017

My husband and I are visiting Kauai for the first time, and wanted to go where the locals eat. The food was very good, prices are fair, and dessert is included with most meals. I got the teriyaki marinated chicken, and I would absolutely get it again. My husband got a mixed plate with BBQ ribs, fried chicken, and fried shrimp; the ribs were hands down the best of his lunch. The restaurant decor looks like late mid-century, or it might not have been redecorated since the 1970s; either way, it is charming. They close between lunch and dinner, and we came in at the very end of lunch. Even so, the waitress was friendly, and did not try to rush us. The restaurant was awarded with Best Restaurant awards for 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I certainly agree with that.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

great atmosphere and the service was very professional. the food is quite delicious and cooked fresh.

Reviewed 16 December 2016

I was staying at the nearby Palms Hotel and the clerk said this was a favorite of hers and her husband. I had the sampler plate which had a little bit of three kinds of meat. The dinner comes with soup or salad, sides, and dessert. Great desserts!

Reviewed 24 November 2016

On most visits back to Kauai where we grew up, we make it a point to stop in for a meal or two. It is a long-time locals favorite with delicious meals at a reasonable price!!! Service is also great!!!

Been to Barbeque Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK